I saw The Campaign this past weekend

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by sandooch • Aug 15, 2012.

1. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I love Will Farrell, but it seems his last few movies have been big flops. The Campaign being included in that list. Once again it seems like he is trying too hard to be funny in this movie. I did like Zach's part in it, but the whole story line was rather silly; like not much thought was put into it. With the price of a ticket to see a movie that's only 1 1/2 hours long, I expect to be thoroughly entertained. What a let down!

Have any of you seen it? What are your thoughts?

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the review. We like Will also, but like you, haven't liked his last few films. I probably won't go to the theatre for this one. I'm sure we'll see it when it comes out on DVD, but like you said with the price of a ticket, I don't want to pay that much unless I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie.

3. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    Will Ferrell is a funny guy and I loved him on Saturday Night Live. I agree that in the recent past his movies haven't been hits. I haven't watched The Campaign yet but I think I'm going to give this one a miss after your review. I don't want to go out and watch a movie where I'm not going to get my money's worth off it.

4. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    Step Brothers was the last Will Ferrell film I enjoyed watching. Then again I only enjoyed it because I'm an immature 20 - something year old.