I won't be going back to Childrenswear Centre!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by dconklin • Aug 27, 2013.

1. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Ok a new store opened up in our mall and they had some really great prices advertised. Well until I realized that they were mainly defect clothes, tho some were still nice. The sale prices were good, but the regular prices (after their grand opening specials are over) were not any cheaper then going to another store from what I could see. The clothes were coming out of garbage bags, kind of like they were used even tho they have tags on them. They were displayed on racks, but we saw them taking clothes from the bags and putting them out.

The other problem is that the store had no fitting room so the kids couldn't try on the pants and none of the sizes were normal sizes. We thought we found pants and asked the lady if we could return them if they didn't fit since they have no dressing rooms. We were told yes until we brought them back and they only wanted to give us store credit. There were absolutely no pants that I could find that would fit the kids, I didn't want store credit. They finally gave us our cash back after a little bit of a battle :(

It was just a nightmare and I don't plan on going back to them. Not sure if they are all like this or if it is because they are a new store, but I don't think I will be going to any of them unless there is a huge sale and I want to get a couple shirts. Definitely not for pants tho!

#1Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  2. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I've never gone to a kids clothing store like that. They are usually very patient since most likely part of their training is calming kids down. I'm not sure if discount stores follow different rules just because the items are discounted or on sale. As far as I know you can always have your money back if you bring it to the store before a certain amount of time has passed and its in good condition. I have also gone to some stores that remind you about their return policy whenever they ring you up at the register.

3. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    Why would a store treat its customers like this?! You said you saw them take clothes out of garbage bags and place them on the hangers in the store?! That's ridiculous!! If I saw that, you wouldn't even think twice about buying anything from that store. I would leave immediately.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of it...shame that you had such a negative experience. I tend to stick with names that I know, for fear of situations like that.