Ice Creams Getting Smaller

Discussion in Food & Drink started by to7update • Apr 2, 2017.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Time is heating up where I live, and the new ice creams are starting to appear. They look delicious, and are delicious, but yesterday when I bought my first one, it was... a mini-ice cream! At the price, of a regular one. I think it's too much seeing something so small at that price... Is this happening where you live too?

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Fortunately, ice creams in our place still have the same sizes, although they somehow increase the prices. It's summer and it's really hot in our country as well so having an ice cream is one way to feel cool and refreshed. We have different prices depending on the brand and the flavor. One of my all time favorite is Cookies & Cream and I always buy that whenever we get an ice cream :)

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I purchased ice cream last night and got it on sale for half price because it is still rainy and cold here. I have noticed that there are a lot more gourmet brands popping up and you get half of the amount of product for twice the cost. I do have to admit that they are super good though.

Ice cream shops are also starting to get greedy and selling smaller treats for the same price or even increasing the price. As meat and dairy products pricing increases, we all suffer.

4. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    In our place the ice-creams are of the same price and the same quantity. Yes, they have changed the packages and we have started getting it in different sizes but the prices are the same according to the size. There is no change in it.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    When the subject is "ice cream" I definitely can't complain because besides the prices are great (it's a very affordable value), the quality is excellent (always keeping the correct standards) and the size is very generous.

I mean, it's impossible to complain about that. Ice cream rocks a lot! ;)

6. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    @Rosyrain@Rosyrain Half price really? I never got a discount on ice-creams that we buy on the streets, just on those from the supermarket. Here is more or less the opposite @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail, the price doesn't go up that much (it's pretty high already), but the dimensions are ridiculously small, it's almost a miniature! :D

#6Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017