If Delivery Of a Package Is Delayed Should You Sue?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Aug 15, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Supposing you've taken a day off work so you can be home to get an important package and the shipping company didn't deliver the product on time or at all, what course of action should you take? Call them and demand for compensation for wasting your day.

I'd like to hear your thoughts because elsewhere on the net everyone else says you should demand for compensation. Should the company refuse to pay then you should sue them. Is it worth the hassle?

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm curious was this something that happened to you? If if did, when or did you get the package? First I would double check that it wasn't delivered to the wrong house or possibly it WAS delivered but someone could have lifted it. I've had that happen where I was waiting on a package and while I was home, someone walked off with it and before I could catch them they seemed to have vanished into thin air.

If they brought it late, sometimes that can happen I don't know about suing but if they didn't bring it at all and no one stole it, I would try to get some sort of compensation.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I'm an attorney and I have to say that I cannot think of one reputable lawyer who would take on a case such as this one. Yes it is an inconvenience but generally buried in all of the fine print is something to the extent of delivery not being guaranteed. I do believe a lot of express shipping options offer a refund of the shipping cost if the item does not arrive when it should but in terms of compensation of time I don't think that will ever happen.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Suing sounds pretty harsh for a situation like that... I would go to social media to make your situation known and complain about the store in question, send them emails and get in touch with your local customer protection organization. However using probably would be a lot of work for little to nothing. Unless what you were supposed to have delivered had a very high value. Either way, if you get something high valued shipped you should always have insurance on it so that if you don't get your delivery you can ask for compensation.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Sue them?? Absolutely not. That's really harsh and a huge waste of money.

I suppose if it came down to something like medication being guaranteed to arrive by a certain time and the lack of that medicine arriving is something that killed the person, then maybe it's drastic enough. Then again, there's rarely something so urgent that you would wait for it to be delivered at the last second like that. Sure, it's an inconvenience and maybe you lost some wages, but you probably could've had a neighbor do it or ask them to leave it on the porch, etc...

6. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Seems like a grossly huge overreaction. It's more of an annoyance and I think it'd be easier to just have the package delivered on a day that you didn't have to take off work. If the package was late, then you could probably call in and get your shipping costs refunded back to you or something. But sueing over something so trivial? Not worth the time or effort at all.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think they won't refuse to pay you back for what you have spent on the shipping costs since it's just a measly amount for a large company, so I think you should just go that route instead of suing them for something so petty. I mean, you will have to pay for a lawyer, right, so that itself is very expensive already.