If Money Was No Object

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Sunshine • Feb 1, 2015.

1. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    If money was no object, what kind of hobbies would you pick up?

For me, it would be the following:

1. jewelry making - like with real gold, and real jewels
    2. glass blowing
    3. photography - with a camera with the various lenses you switch out

What hobbies would you want to get into if you had all the cash in the world?

2. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I would simply travel around the world watching sport. Any sport really, as different cultures have different sporting passions. That would be fascinating. And maybe I would try out a few more sports myself.

3. asereht1970

asereht1970Member

Threads:
    I think I'll go with photography. I love taking pictures, but since I don't have that much money for a good camera, I am only using my Samsung S4 camera. Hopefully, this year I can buy my own DSLR camera and take really good pictures.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would travel and try all the spas around the world and then the places I liked I would buy or build a house and use it and rent it out when I wasn't there. Once I had done that then I would have longer expeditions trekking in the mountains, jungles and also the arctic.

5. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    I would start a tone of collections^^ I love collecting, but it's expensive. If money would be no object at all, I could start collections like historical swords, or instruments of music legends and stuff like that.

6. LadyMama

LadyMamaNew Member

Threads:
    I would have to say I would travel. I would go to every place in the world that stays hot. I love heat weather its that humid sticky heat or the dry I nee some water heat. I would see Egypt, Death Valley in California, and I most definitely would go back to Las Vegas. (That last one is self explanatory) But the place I would really want to travel to is Italy to see Pompeii, I have been fascinated with what happened there and how everything is preserved. I was the first in line at Franklin Institute when they had their exhibit.

7. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with those who said traveling. You would think someone who stays at home all the time wouldn't be into that but the only reason I do is I don't have money to go somewhere most of the time and I don't like where I live. There are many places that I think would be interesting to go and experience.

8. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to spend some time visiting with people. I would listen to them and share with them. Especially children. I feel like in all the work in and out the home, this is the thing I would love to do, but I am either exhausted or out of time. I would also weave, embroider and paint. I think that is cool the hobby of collecting items. I did not know it was so costly.

9. Happy247

Happy247Member

Threads:
    If I had spare time on my hands and didn't have to worry about money I believe I would travel and learn different languages. That would be so much fun! If I were out in some far away land where no one spoke my language I would have no choice but to learn and I'm sure that it wouldn't take long.

I also want to learn how to bake and make those crazy art cake that I see on tv. That would be so awesome! I would make cakes for everyone, for no reason at all. I'de just wake up and be like,
    "Hey the sun is up. lets celebrate! I'll make the cake." lol

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I pursue all of my interests, it really doesn't take a lot of money. The one I wouldn't mind trying, but don't have the dough to buy the equipment for, is pottery and ceramics. Kilns are expensive. But nothing is stopping me from going to classes or something. There is always a way.

11. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:

12. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If money was no object, I would open a small vegetarian restaurant. Cooking is one of my biggest passions in life. I love cooking for my friends and family, who constantly encourage me to open my own place. I am seriously thinking about it, but right now I can't afford it. I know if I keep working on it, opportunities will appear sooner or later... :)

13. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    If money weren't an object I'd travel more and play more golf. Golf is such an expensive sport I don't get to play hardly ever. I would also get my kids involved. When I was young I played everyday and worked on a golf course . I'd love it if I could give them that opportunity too.

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always wanted to be in a position to travel to different jazz festivals with no concern for money. If there is a festival in the west I want to be able to go, if there is a festival in the south I would like to go. Traveling from one festival to the other would be so much fun.

15. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    If money were no object I would be living out my dream job. I am a great designer of doll clothes and original doll designs. Right now venturing into making this a career hasn't taken fruitation becasue funds are limited at the moment. So, if money was not an object I could pursue this career in high gear. I could also create some of the designs that I have in mind and have even sketched out, which would cost just to get the materials for. I would also devote a whole lot more time to the writing of my books, I would even find someone who could help me get them into hard bound editions which isn't an easy feat to accomplish on your own.

16. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I have a "wanderlust" soul within me, so I'd like to go out, travel around the world, meet new people, learn new languages, eat different kinds of food, explore the histories, cultures, and traditions of every country. It really sounds so much fun and kind of adventurous. Also, if I were really rich, I would want to put a bookstore business because I love books and being surrounded by them is euphoric. :D

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would shop all over the world and collect awesome stuff from different countries.
    I would also expand my video game collection and pick up all of those limited edition consoles.
    I would also go to concerts and music festivals all over the world with my daughter.