If you are a female, do you wear makeup on a daily basis?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Kaylah • Dec 19, 2013.

1. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    If so, what makeup do you wear? Do you wear a full face of makeup or just minimal makeup?

I wear makeup every time I leave The House. I don't wear a lot at all. Just foundation to even out my skintone and mascara. Sometimes, I will wear eyeliner, lipstick/lipgloss, and eyeshadow if I'm going to an important event or for something fancy.

But other than that, I don't wear a lot because I don't want somebody to see me with a full face of makeup one day and another day, see me with barely any makeup on and wonder what happened lol. I think my facial features are pretty and that is enough for me.

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I suppose if lip gloss is considered make up, then yes. But I would want to contest that one as a need if hydration is part of the reason. Otherwise, I purposely do not. For two reasons:

1. I do not like the idea of hiding the flaws you perceive or the flaws you have. Both are dangerous. I don't find it something I need. I don't find it something I want. Not a preference.

2. I hate having to pay for things that are unnecessary. What really helps me with that is there is really no desire in me to want it so there is no counter to not needing it. I've watched girlfriends spend grotesque amounts of money on make up. Crazy to me. Although, I am crazy to them.

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I don't.

And I can't say it is for any statement I'm trying to make. I just don't care that much, and many days, my first errand of the day is to the gym. Again, I just don't care that much.

I like wearing make-up. Don't get me wrong. I think I look a lot better when I have it on. So when I have time and I'm getting fully dressed, yes, it is part of my routine. But there are just too many days when I'd rather savor my coffee than go put on makeup.

Plus, I get mad compliments when I do wear it because no one is used to seeing me in it. Haha.

4. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    I don't wear it everyday either. I do when I go somewhere important or want to make a good impression.

Everyday wear, not so much just because I don't go special places everyday. Just hanging out at home there is no need for make up.

Going out somewhere, church, kids events then yes make up for sure.

I sometimes think I should wear make up everyday as I feel I look better with it on but I just don't care that much when just staying around the house.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I usually don't wear make up. Only time I wear makeup is when I go out other than that I keep it natural. Unless i'm feeling fancy than I will put make up just to feel better lol. And when I do wear make up I don't wear a whole bunch mainly I just wear eye liner and lip gloss if I go out than I will wear eye shadow or maybe some mascara.

6. charahome

charahomeMember

Threads:
    Absolutely not. I do not feel the need to be embellished all the time. It is ok with me to display my natural look. I do make sure my hair is in place.
    When I do wear make up. I use eyeliner, light blush, and lipstick. I am an attending a formal party, then I will up the make up to suit the evening at hand.
    I will ad a base, and mascara, sometimes a lip liner, too.

7. XxMotleyCrueXx

XxMotleyCrueXxNew Member

Threads:
    I don't wear makeup every day, I only wear minimal makeup when I go the stores which is during the weekends. I will usually just wear foundation, lip gloss, and eyebrow powder. I'm not allowed to wear mascara, eyeshadow, or eyeliner though. :p You know parents house, parents rules unfortunately. If I could though I would. Hate how I I look! and the little makeup I do wear I have to hide from my mom, and when I go to the store or something when I come back home I go to my room immediately to wipe it off.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't wear any makeup most of the time. When I have to look a little fancier and make a good impression, I put on lipstick or berry colored lip stain. I occasionally wear eye makeup.

I used to be extremely into makeup when I was in art college. I used to even wear fake eyelashes and punk rock colors of lipstick like lime green. Now that I'm in my 30's, I don't like to wear a face full of makeup in the 90 degree Florida heat. My skin has actually gotten better since I stopped wearing makeup.

9. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I wear makeup on a daily basis. If I am at work, it's a full face. If I am at home, it's powder. I like to wear makeup because it just makes look better, more alert and perky.

a095c2a28e9ce654_amberbluelips.xxlarge.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't wear much makeup. I feel naked without lipstick. I do wear eyeliner, mascara and brow highlighter when I want look my best. I don't wear any type of foundation. I tried it a few times, but I didn't like it.

11. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I don't wear makeup at all. I just feel that it is misleading, no offense to those who wear it but it's just not for me. I honestly can't see myself having to do that everyday. I have friends that won't leave home without it and will hide if someone sees them without it. Guys don't get to cover up how they look so why should we? I think natural is beautiful and there's no need to hide that!

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sadly have a bad skin with a lot of acne scars and dark spots, so yes I use makeup on a daily basis (unless I stay inside my house all day or just go out for groceries). I wear a full face of makeup most of the time, even though I make it look like it's natural. So that means I wear concealer, foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow, liner and mascara everyday. I don't use primers everyday, and I usually just use a balm on my lips. But I would consider that I wear pretty much a full face of makeup every usual day.

13. kristinaw

kristinawNew Member

Threads:
    If I'm only going to stay home, I do not wear makeup. However, if I know I'm going out or if someone will come over that day, then I put on a little just to look fresh. I don't wear heavy makeup unless I go out to a dinner party.

14. marvelousgirl

marvelousgirlBanned

Threads:
    I wear makeup if go to public or going to party in other ways I don;t use make up. :)

15. thriftymama

thriftymamaNew Member

Threads:
    I do like to wear make up when going out some where nice or to a function but I tend not to bother when at home or just popping to the shops. I do like to make sure I have done my hair though! :eek:

16. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    Nope, I usually wear make up once a week and that's when my boyfriend comes up on a friday I just brush on some mascara, flick my eyeliner and brush on a little bronzer. I'm lucky to have tan, clear and dewy skin. So I don't feel the need for make up. I'm happy enough in my own skin

17. Brad

BradMember

Threads:
    I'm a guy and feel makeup is appropriate, but I feel there are some precautions to take. Although I feel makeup is a great thing to wear, I think that girls should honestly limit the amount they put on. I sometimes see girls with too much makeup on and it looks awful, they look basically orange and it takes away that natural appearance.

Anyone else agree?

18. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    No, I hardly ever wear it. I have some, but I have had it for a very long time. I just don't care about it, I don't know many people that do wear it anymore. If I do put any on it's only when we are going out to dinner or to a school function and it's mascara and well, that's about it.

19. stardisgate

stardisgateNew Member

Threads:
    I do not wear make up on a daily basis. For one, I live in Arizona. It would be crazy and majorly uncomfortable to be wearing make up all the time. I wear it on special occasions. Other than that, I do not see a point in wearing it. Just doesn't make sense.

20. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannonMember

Threads:
    I really try not to wear makeup on a day to day basis, but sometimes It's just something I feel more comfortable in. I would save so much money and my skin if I didn't wear makeup regularly.