If You Are Eating Low-carb, What Can You Eat With A Sandwich Besides Potato Chips?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Natasha0717 • Dec 10, 2016.

1. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I will have to try cucumbers, I just was using bell peppers due to having an abundance of them, I also love the deals Aldi has, and stock up on veggies, I especially like when there 3 lbs bag of onions are around 79 cents I buy about 9-12 pounds, keep a few whole (for that month or so) then chop up the rest and freeze for soups and sauteing!

2. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried banana chips? I find them delicious and I eat them instead of potato chips. You can also try fruits while eating your sandwich, maybe an apple and an orange will do.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    @abonnen@abonnen For sure, you might as well use what you have. :)

Oh, that's a really good idea. I should do that with an assortment of vegetables. Buy extra on sale, bust out the food processor and chop them up, and then freeze a bunch for later on. Thanks for the tip.

Do you use freezer bags or containers? If you have any recommendations for good ways to freeze and store them, I'm happy to learn your methods.

I haven't seen onions that cheap, but that is one heck of a good deal. They had potatoes real cheap too not long ago. My daughter bought extra and brought me a bag.

#23Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2017
  4. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat I use freezer bags, for veggies I usually use the same bag several of times (for the same vegetable). If i want small portions I used littler bags and then put those in a bigger freezer bag for extra protection.

#24Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2017