If you could color your hair, what color would you choose?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Oct 14, 2014.

1. plantain

plantainMember

Threads:
    My natural hair color is very dark brown, but for a solid two years I wanted my hair to be a medium true purple. Not too pink, not too dark or light. Just straight purple. Gradually I dyed my hair lighter shades of brown until the time was right. My hairdresser offered to dye it purple for me but I thought it wouldn't turn out right and/or would be too expensive so I foolishly tried to do it myself. First I used some box bleach on my hair, and my hair was blonde on top and orangish on the bottom. I didn't have time to fix it cause I was leaving on a trip the next day, so I went ahead and dyed it purple. It actually turned out an obvious blue-purple on top, a little dark for my taste but acceptable, but the lengths were a weird murky black color. I got compliments on it but I wasn't satisfied. When I got home from the trip a week later I washed out the purple dye and just dyed the whole thing auburn. My hair was so fried after all that hassle, I realized that I probably could never achieve the purple I wanted, and the upkeep wasn't worth it. You have to touch your roots up constantly, and the purple dye often bleeds on everything like your clothes and pillowcase. I am honestly too low maintenance to have hair like that! Lol.

So a few months later I chopped off all my hair and am still growing it out. I don't plan to dye it ever again except for natural henna dye. It gives it a pretty auburn sheen that looks very natural. It does make me a bit sad I won't have a crazy hair color, but I think I like having super healthy hair better. Also, when you have a crazy hair color, some people will never approve of it, especially older people. They can't help but make rude comments about Halloween or not being able to get a job, or whatever. I wasn't looking forward to those comments. You get more attention in general.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm very dynamic, so my preference for hair color changes from time to time. There are times when I'd like to preserve my natural hair color (brownish black) and just change my hairstyle for a more edgy look. However, there are times when I feel like sporting flashy hair colors like platinum blonde, purple or red/auburn. I'm still trying to figure out which among the aforementioned hair colors I'd like to sport in the next few months. I'm warming up to the idea of red or auburn.

3. enell

enellMember

Threads:
    Hmmm..!!! You brought up a subject that was as one of my plans along time ago, but I never get to put it in action. My natural hair color is dark black, and I always wanted to dye it Blue, but i knew that it is really an extreme Idea, specially for the kind of person that I am! You know what my friend? I wanna go through this!! and If I like it, I promise to upload a photo of my hair here (Only if I liked it!!), a special bonus for you!!