If you enjoy music, make money, too!

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by leyash • Jul 18, 2012.

1. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    If you enjoy music, get paid to rate it. You can make $0.22 or more per song, depending on your rating. Go here to sign up:

Please let me know if you have any questions! This is legit. I've made money and been paid by them.

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I wanted to know do you have to listen to the entire song, or can you listen to a snippet? I joined already a while ago, but I never knew how to get started with this site. When do they pay daily, weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly?

3. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    STP is great especially when they are offering pay raises, I usually log in only at those times. Otherwise it's hard to make more than .10 cents per review unless you are good at writing or know a lot about music industry.

4. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    They pay you once you reach $10, but you have to initiate the withdrawal. They pay through Paypal. You have to listen to 90 seconds of the song, minimum, but you can listen to more. What I usually do, is type as the song is playing, then by the time the 90 seconds is over, it's ready to submit. :)

5. Wasabi

WasabiNew Member

Threads:
    I've heard of this site before. When they first started out, they were 100% legit. Recently though, they are getting pretty shady when it comes to paying. I've heard some stories about them closing accounts once you either get close to $10 for the payout or initiate payout. They also gave a ridiculous reason for doing so.

I've tried it myself, it SEEMS like a good system. But for some reason, I'm unable to write in the box to review the song I just listened to. So I have to refresh the page, which wastes money I should be earning.

I enjoy music. I must point out one thing though. This is only for people willing to listen to nearly all types of music. The genres they play can be all over the place, and if you're picky about the type of music your ears are hearing, slicethepie would probably not be a fun thing to do.

6. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    So far I've made $30 in about two weeks, so that's not bad at all. I really like that they pay you with PayPal the same day. There's no long waiting process. I'm at a level 54, and I hope to make it in the top reviewers. Once you sign up remember to check all the genres of music because that way you'll get more work. I know people that only checked 2 or 3 genres and then they complain they don't get a lot of work. It's definitely a great way to earn some extra cash.

7. Laura

LauraNew Member

Threads:
    I have tried that website and absolutely DON'T recommend it. It's such a loss of time. When I subscribed I gained 25 cents a song, then suddunly when I almost had 8 dollars it dropped to 5 cents a song. It's really boring to rate all those songs, and for 5 cents it really doesn't worth the effort. Them I finally made 10 dollars and they refused to pay me saying that the date of bird I gave when I subscribed was different from the date of birth I gave when I aske for a withdrawal. And that I had to send them a copy of my ID.

Of couuurse, If it's not a scam it's a really sh*tty website. Don't lose your time

8. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    In other words you gave them the wrong information when you signed up to a PAYING website and didn't think it would bite you? I wouldn't call that a problem with the site. Not to mention the fact that listening to music is fun, if you don't like the music you're finding there, why are you trying to make money off it? Of course it's a waste of time.

OT: It's a decent site. The payouts aren't as good as they used to be (or so I've heard) but you can still make the odd dollar for a half hour or so of listening to indie music. Fun way to earn a few bucks, but nothing more.

9. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I don't blame them for not wanting to pay you because you were dishonest about your birth date. I've been paid 3 times already and I'm almost to my fourth, so I don't really see anything wrong with the site. It's the only site I know of to get paid to review music. I know the music isn't that great sometimes, but if you stick with it you'll see the rewards.

10. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I've never had a problem with STP either, they pay very quickly and I think the service and workflow is very smooth and straight forward. Sometimes it can be a little bit of a bore because of some of the music that pops up but supposedly, they're planning to add a feature where you select the genres that you like and it'll only play music from those specific styles.

11. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Everyone seems to be sharing great reviews about this site, I don't know why I still haven't joined it.

Note to self: REMEMBER TO HAVE A LOOK AT SLICETHEPIE.

Although they also say it gets pretty boring after a while... too repetitive.

12. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Just a heads up, I tried this site about two months ago and I wasn't that impressed. I did a couple reviews for free to figure out what ranking I would be, then after that I signed up (or atleast thought I did) After entering general information like ( the type of music I liked, my birthday and my email address) I was told that my information was "incorrect". I tried to fill out the information three more times and got the same message. On another website someone complained about being banned from the site just before they were about to cashout their $10 minimum. Be careful using this site.

13. FlipKup

FlipKupMember

Threads:
    Tried it before. The money comes in slow however. You are definitely going to make money, but be prepared to be handed music from all different types of genres. Only try it if you are an avid listener, and don't mind actually reviewing what you are listening to.

14. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    Sad to see people complaining about it. I've been with them for over a year, and I love it. I have made well over $500 just in the last few months with them, and I wish everyone else felt the same. Unfortunate.

15. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    I used slicethepie before,and made like 40$ with them,then I got bored and that's it ^^.

16. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    This is a very interesting piece of information. Thanks to leyash for supplying this information. How many hours per day do you estimate it would take to make $50 or $60? I'm curious if that is possible just a few hours. If you see this post on your thread, let me know either through the thread or a PM. 90 seconds isn't a lot of time, so I'm wondering if I'm thinking realistically or not.

Thanks again for the post.

17. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have never even heard about this site. Thanks for the recommendation. I would totally love writing reviews while waiting around or chatting with friends and waiting for them to respond. Even if some people don't like it, I appreciate the share!

18. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I tried this for a few days. It just took too long to get to $10. Actually after 3 days I gave up, never even getting to the $10. I was also running out of reviews to write. I hope others have been more successful than I was.

19. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I've had my share of success in STP. I had I think $80 before I stopped because of boredom and yes I think that the whole work is redundant and boring. I tried to concentrate on getting referrals but after a week, all my active referrals stopped reviewing too for the same reasons.

20. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, $50-$60 would vary. If you make $0.22 per song, then you could make $50 in about 6 hours - but that's if you are working quickly, efficiently, and if you make $0.22+ PER song, every single time.