If you had to give up one

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by addicted_buyer • Feb 25, 2013.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had to live without electricity and water for almost a year, and it was in north Idaho. It was not fun, but it can be done. I hauled home water, and when I was at work, I filled up empty plastic milk jugs with water to drink.
    On the way home from work, I stopped at the laundromat, washed and dried my clothes, and used their bathroom to take a sponge bath, and shampoo my hair. I had a kerosene heater in the little trailer, and bundled under my blankets to keep warm. Eventually, I was able to get electricity hooked up, and then I used an rv pump to pump water from the barrels into my house. That worked in summer. In the winter, I shoveled snow, and filled up the bath tub, and it would eventually melt, and I used that for cold water washing and to flush the toilet.
    I was never so happy as when I was able to afford to have water hooked up, and could have real running water all year, and hot showers again ! Keeping power and water is important to me, and I do not want to have to rough it like I did when I had no water or electricity.