Ikea family rewards program

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by jleadbet • Jan 20, 2013.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone belong to this? The best I can see is you get a free coffee every time you visit. I was wondering if there were any other benefits. It says there are special deals, but I was just at the store and didn't see anything. Do they email anything extra?

2. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I have shopped at Ikea before however never heard of a rewards program like this. Free coffee? To me, I don't shop at Ikea that much to make the trek for a free coffee, but it may work for someone else. I don't get any flyers or advertisements from Ikea. If they did send mailers with coupons I'd be more inclined to visit their store more often.

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I shop a lot at Ikea and the Family rewards plan works for me. I get sales weeks before everyone else does, I get discounted prices year around on certain items, I get free coffee or tea which is useful when Im there for hours trying to get everything I need. In addition the time lapse on the return policy is longer so if I change my mind later on down the line I can still switch or return the item way after I usually would be able to. I love the card! Seeing that orange when I open my pocket book puts a smile on my face. Then again I am addicted to Ikea so this is biased

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the information. I joined some time back but never got my card. When I went to the store the Kiosk where down and would not issue cards. I will be getting a lot of stuff for my new home this spring so I am sure I will have a smile on my face as you do once I get my card to help save some money.

5. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I am a member of the rewards program and always get the complimentary coffee/tea whenever I'm at the store although I don't think I'm taking full advantage of the benefits offered by this program. I do get emails and newsletters on special card holder deals or reduced prices on items especially for rewards program members. When I scan the card at the member registration kiosk at the store I get entered into a weekly or monthly sweepstakes, as well, although I haven't won anything as of yet. If anything, my little orange card gets me a free drink at the restaurant which is incentive enough for me to remain with the rewards program.

6. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds like a really good program to join. My husband is a designer and loves their products. We usually just wait for their seasonal sales and didn't really think of enrolling in the store's reward program as most store reward programs are more of a bother than a benefit. Thanks for the useful info!

7. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard about such reward program before? Is it new or am i just ill-informed?

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most of the member benefits come in the form of emails that tell you certain items are on sale for people who have the family rewards card. So you'll get an email that says "This week only for Family Rewards members, a set of wineglasses are on sale for $4.99, and enjoy a special breakfast for $1.99 in the cafe."
    I have a membership but my local IKEA store is so far away, that I don't get to use it very often.
    I think people who live near IKEA stores and can stop by frequently for these deals are the ones who will benefit the most from this program.

9. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think that Ikea really advertises it. Well, Ikea doesn't advertise too much on their own. It doesn't really need to spend the money on commercials, advertisements, or any other marketing effort, in my opinion. I'm not sure if the program is new - but the first time that I saw it was in an Ikea store, in a kiosk that printed out the membership cards.

I moved into my new apartment in the summertime. While I was at Ikea to do some shopping, I saw a kiosk for the rewards program. I love rewards programs and loyalty cards - why not get a little perk for doing shopping anyway? When I got to the cash register, I was surprised to see that some of my items were discounted because of the card - and those prices were not advertised. What a nice surprise! According to people on the forum, it looks like you can definitely check out reward-member prices beforehand, too.

10. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    If you actually go to an Ikea store on a regular basis, free coffee or tea will pay for itself pretty quick. That being said, I don't like near a store, but I do shop online there a bit and the rewards program has been a god send.

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to work in Ikea so I know a little about the family rewards scheme. They basically offer discounts throughout the year and you will be able to access the sales before people who are not on the rewards scheme.

12. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I would consider it if we had an ikea....the closest one is like 2 and a half hours away :(. I do like some of their stuff and it tends to be pretty reasonably priced but it's just not worth it to me when I never get there.