Ikea Furniture

Discussion in Product Reviews started by tjshort05 • Aug 25, 2012.

1. malia22

malia22Member

Threads:
    ikea isn't what I would call quality per say, but it will last a couple years minding that you can figure out the assembly manual that has no writing :/ a lot of my furniture is ikea, it's cute, stylish and cheap so who cares if it's not top of the line, it'll last a little while at least :)

2. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    Ikea is not bad quality, in comparison with their prices. And let's be serious, how much of an engineer you need to be in order to assembly some furniture? It's not like you are going to build a rocket or something.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Our neighbours and I both have a pair of bentwood, leather covered armchairs. Ours came from a local furniture store, and theirs came from Ikea. They've had theirs for two years longer than us, yet the chairs look identical in terms of style, quality and condition. The difference is, their two chairs cost slightly more than the price for one of ours. It really depends what you buy. If you go for the cheapest items in the store, you're not going to get the best quality, but if you go for the middle range in terms of price, you should get a quality piece at a reasonable price.

4. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    I love Ikea and have had some of their furniture for years. They have a discount and damaged area in their store, where you can get some awesome deals. The kids furniture is so much fun and I have done several kids rooms from here.

5. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Ikea is a great place in my opinion if you're looking to replace your old furniture at home but am currently on a tight budget. Well, what you pay is what you get, so don't get your expectations too high, such as demanding that the flax-box table you just assembled should last as long as a table made of marble! In terms of pricing and quality, I would say that furniture from Ikea is indeed value for money and the quality isn't shabby at all. With some care and dexterity when assembling and proper periodic maintenance, I don't see why Ikea's flat-box furniture wouldn't last above 5 years! My coffee table has been there for close to 5 now! Besides furniture, check out their other household products such as ceramics, decor items and even bedroom supplies such as pillows. They usually cost less than those sold outside and boast a better quality and finishing!

6. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I've got a coffee table that I bought at Ikea for about $20. It gets the job done and it's just for the TV room, so I'm happy with it.

7. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Considering the price IKEA is pretty good on quality, and like most things it holds up better if you actually take care of it. It won't last forever, but then again you didn't likely pay for forever.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I got my IKEA catalog a couple of weeks ago, and I already have several new items flagged. I think their lighting is so cool. The only lighting item I have ever regretted buying from IKEA is a desk lamp that took some special tiny light bulbs that you can only buy at IKEA. They also have really cute wall decals and canvas art.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have purchased several items from IKEA. We like the style of the furniture. There has not been a problem with the furniture holding up. The one thing that I don't like is the assembly of the product, sometimes it does not go together without a little assistance. Once it's up it's up. We have a dresser in the boys room that is at least 8 years old.

10. HalbertMason

HalbertMasonNew Member

Threads:
    IKEA is one of the great Swedish company private limited company for furniture. IKEA is a website which contains 12000 products and they all are graet. You can get every types of furniture over there and also at the affordable price as well.

11. teamrose

teamroseMember

Threads:
    I like looking at the assembled Ikea offerings. They make it sound like assembly is easy. My experience, is you have to practically be a builder to find putting that stuff together is easy. The instructions often make no sense. The hardware that comes with the items are of a lower quality than the items.

The nicest thing about the store is the gourmet food section. I adore getting the salmon at a very reasonable price.

12. alreenaw

alreenawMember

Threads:
    I really love IKEA and I really like the look of all their furniture. I have heard that some of the items are made cheaply but I haven't had a problem with any of mine. Some of the pieces in my house are over 5 years old and still look like new, and they have even been moved to two different cities already.

13. Gift3d

Gift3dMember

Threads:
    I bought a bedframe from there Dark wood one that Is perfect :) No regrets honestly I was thinking about getting the matching side table that goes to it.

also have the same style dresser.

14. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    There is no Ikea near me so I have never bought any furniture from them since I can't see it for myself. Too often things look good in the picture and not so great when you see them in person. I have one friend who swears by Ikea, and one who thinks they sell cheap mass produced stuff. One of the big issues with buying from them is shipping cost, and the fact that you have to put stuff together when it arrives.

15. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    IKEA has some nice furniture, but I've never shopped there myself. From what I've heard though, they're pretty decent.

16. dhrynio

dhrynioMember

Threads:
    We love Ikea! It is a staple here and you really do get the hang of contructing it once you have done a piece or ten! :D

One of our favorites is the line of Expedit shelves which are all squares and you can get them in various sizes. What I really love is that you can buy accessories. So if you want to add a few drawers or a door to one of the squares you buy it, put it together and slide it right in! Or you can get a simple L shaped desk that attaches to the squares! It is so clean and modern looking and it gives you tons of storage. We use them in the kids rooms and in the play room!

17. untitled

untitledMember

Threads:
    I have a bunch of Ikea furniture, the bedframe, futon and two desks are great..the closet I bought on the other hand isn't sturdy at all and was really a pain to build. Ikea furniture is really hit or miss in my opinion.

18. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I seriously adore ikea overall....but it's true that it can be quite hit or miss. Some of their things are on the cheaper side, and sometimes it is best to consider if the price seems 'too good' for what you're getting.

19. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    little stuff like end tables and coffee tables have been good to me, however bought a futon and another couch once and never will again. For the price,once should just go to a furniture store and buy a good product.

20. rebeccalj278

rebeccalj278New Member

Threads:
    I love, love IKEA. Majority of my furniture, pots, utensils, including additional items are from IKEA. I have been shopping there for ten years and have no complaints. There furniture do last for a very long time and do hold up it's look for a long while as well. :D