Ikea Furniture

Discussion in Product Reviews started by tjshort05 • Aug 25, 2012.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the piece you're looking at. I have a bed from them that I bought on impulse and immediately regretted lol.. but it turns out to be very sturdy, I'm actually shocked considering how cheap their furniture is. Other items won't hold up so well, so all I can say is look for specific reviews.. type the product name into google and search for real people mentioning it and see what they think. Also, go into the store and check how it's put together, check joints and put some weight on it. If it's going to get little use and just look pretty, I wouldn't worry about it :)

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to shop in IKEA for basic furniture like chairs, tables and stools etc. I stopped shopping at IKEA when the prices started to go up. I actually worked in IKEA for two-years and I noticed the prices going up when I was working there. I personally think it is now overpriced for what you are getting.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only thing that really bothers me about IKEA is that you can't really order online. Maybe 25% of what they have in stores is available online and supposedly shipping costs are brutal.
    People on eBay know that not everyone has an IKEA nearby so they sell IKEA items at exorbitant markups. I envy people who have an IKEA nearby.

4. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I also have a few simple things from ikea and luckily for me this quality is just amazing.
    I do however suggest to read up reviews on each item because I have only bought simple bookshelfs just because I thought the design is too hard to pass up.
    I definitely recommend buying from this store.

5. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    I used to get most of my furniture there when I was a much younger student. Tables, bed, a couch, lamps and mirrors. I think that they were absolutely worth it for the price. In fact, I still have those side tables, lamps and mirrors. I donated my couch after 4 years of use( totally worth the price) and sold my bed after I was able to afford much better looking and very comfortable furniture from Art Van.