Impolite Sales Persons

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by gracer • Mar 11, 2016.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you take it personally though, Dreek? I think if they are not all over you and they are just looking at you from afar then that would be ok I guess.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really take it personally. It is not really a big enough part of my day for me to be taking it personally lol. But it can be one of those small annoyances. I would rather not be watched when I go anywhere, which is why I am not famous, and would never choose to be. I don't like to be followed either. Have guys in the back watching cameras if you are that concerned about theft, you know?

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, That is a good idea too, but some stores just don't have the budget, I guess, hehe. I know some stores do have those civilians watching the shoppers to see if they are shoplifting by pretending to be shoppers as well, so I think that would be the less intrusive approach, like pretending to be a shopper.

4. DreekLass

Threads:
    That makes sense, and I had already thought that they might not have the resources to get men watching cameras in the back. But then find another solution, other than following people around the store, making them uncomfortable, and then driving them away for good. If they cannot afford cameras, they should get strategically placed mirrors installed so that they can lust look up and see what people are doing in each isle.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Well, the mirrors are a good deterrent, I've seen it being used in 24 hour convenience stores, but if you aren't in the adjacent angle or if you are too far then you won't see anything. Some clothing boutiques have those little contraptions attached to the item and when you walk away from the store without paying for the item then the alarm will go off. I think that's the better option, but I have only seen it on clothes, it would be a hassle and difficult to put that item to everything else.

6. DreekLass

Threads:
    Me too. I have seen mirrors used in smaller stores. Obviously they'd be harder to utilize in those bigger super markets. I mean, I know mirrors are not the be all and end all solutions, but if you cannot afford those cameras and those people to watch them, then they are better than nothing. Those contraptions are good ideas, but they only really work with clothes, I agree.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember when my mom was shopping in this boutique, and after she paid for the item she was chased by the guard because the attendant forgot to remove those contraptions. I wasn't with her, so I wonder how loud those alarms of those contraptions go, since she bought 4 shirts.

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    Lol. That must have been embarrassing for your mother, and I bet her initial reaction was to begin fretting. I have never had that happen to me, or anybody that I know immediately. But that is not to say that I haven't seen in happen to strangers in stores and whatnot. I always feel bad for them, because it makes them look bad, even if they have paid.

9. jackiewbu

jackiewbuNew Member

Threads:
    Perhaps they thought you were stealing. As this has happened to me, I'm a very picky shopper so I tend to take hours in stores. After a while workers start to follow me around and on occasion I have been asked to leave the store. They are very impolite and suspicious about customers where I am from.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lol, you know what Dreek, the fact that my mom seemed to not notice the sound of those contraptions makes it seem like they aren't loud enough, since the guard had to chase them. If she had heard it then she would have surrendered the items to the store herself, lol. She passed away already, so I can't ask her to clarify it, lol.

11. Dilof

DilofMember

Threads:
    Stores shouldn't be avoided simply because an incident with one employee. I think you should complain to the company itself or that specific branch about the attitude of one of their staff.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    Usually when the alarms go off, the security guards have already swarmed on you. Every time I have been present when those alarms have gone off in public, they have given me ear ache, they have been so loud. Maybe they need to be louder in your country - it'd deter more people from stealing because they would not want to deal with the embarrassment.

Oh my God, I am so sorry to hear that about your mother!!! *hugs. Massive cyber hugs*

13. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    Rude sales people really get on my nerves!! I went inside a cosmetic shop the other day and started swatching lipsticks on my hand below my thumb. The saleslady went to me and just stared. I didn't mind because I really didn't want to be bothered too so I kept swatching and she just watched. Later on I asked her something and she just looked at me with a face that looks annoyed. I mean that's her job!!! She should do it right. :|

14. Pretorius Bernadis

Pretorius BernadisNew Member

Threads:
    I think I would rather ignore people who are rude because you yourself will otherwise rise or fall to that level of rudeness and it will make you no better than the other person. There is nothing so frustrating to a rude and fighting bulldozer than a calm and self-controlled antagonist.

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    That sounds so freaking awakward. I wonder if these people are always aware of just how uncomfortable they are making their customers. Sometimes, I feel like some of them zone out and are staring into space, because they are so bored of their jobs, not even realizing that they are staring holes through one of their customers lol.

16. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Lol! I feel like some sales people just really hate their bosses. And this is their way of taking revenge or something. I mean I would never go back to such a place. The whole point is to make the customer feel at home.

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    Well, to me, there is something slightly manipulative about trying to make me feel at home just so I will line your pockets and purchase your merchandise too. So it has to be a nice happy medium lol. They can't win can they? Lmao. But then I don't want abuse hurled at me, and I don't want to be stalked.

18. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    A rude or impolite salesman is a big turn off for me. I may never step my feet in that business arena or shop again. I like to do shopping in a happy mood, just like a sales person that should at least have some little courtesy and behave friendly. That keeps me calm and ready for the business.

19. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I would rather have no one to help me than having some one around who just stands there and do not assist me with anything. Usually when I shop for things and a salesperson asks me what I need, I just tell them politely that I am just looking around and ask for assistance if ever I will need it. I really do not like someone around me when I shop.

20. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I've also noticed that people do this and mostly in smaller stores with 2-5 people working the store. I especially found this to be common in small liquor or clothing stores. They have been more polite by asking us what we need but even if we politely deny their help, we can feel and see their eyes carefully following us around. It gets annoying and may prevent further visits to the store. They should invest in security cameras.