Impossible to pay the bill

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Gelsemium • Jun 24, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's a first time for everything and yesterday I wanted (had to lol) to pay my bill for gas and electricity and went to th ATM machine and it said I had the wrong code (I tried 3 times). I called support, they gave me a new code and it didn't work as well. I called again, upset, and they said that after all the code will be working only after 48 hours. Is this a joke? Are they that incompetent that we can't even pay them? Ridiculous situation really...

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Ugh, that sucks!

I'm curious why you were going to an ATM to get cash for that, though. Why aren't you paying by check or automatic transfer to their bank account?

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    You can go to the bank and as long as you have valid ID you should be able to withdraw the money in person. I know some ATMs have withdrawal limits so maybe the amount you were trying to take out was too high and that was the issue as opposed to your pin.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is that how you pay your bill? I thought checks are now pretty outdated. Over here automatic transfers to a bank account to pay your bill is not common as well. Cash is still the preferred method, and you go to that certain company to pay your bill.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Cash is even more outdated than checks with companies a lot of times actually. I know it might sound weird, but there are even places that don't accept cash at all for security reasons. They don't want to keep cash on hand because they could be robbed...or the cashiers may accept the cash without counting it correctly or pocket it themselves even. So they may require money orders if someone isn't able to pay with credit card, direct deposit, or checks.

6. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yeah, I know that paying in the ATM machine is totally outdated, but I get the small ticket proving I paid and I am happy with that. If I do it online I have to print the proof and that is annoying to me because I don't have a printer at home. Also, I don't think I will ever pay my stuff with automatic transfer, I like to select the date when I pay my bills and I like to check if the values are correct...

7. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    I thought you meant that the bill was too high at first,lol! I do know of a couple of houses that are so pretty but so energy inefficiant that the people who move into these houses don't tend to stay long. Or maybe they are haunted,cause they are both old houses,lol!

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    OK, you post totally lost me dabopol13! I think that energy inefficient houses is something unrelated to what I was saying, the problem was that the company sent me a bill that was incorrect, they messed up and worse than messing up was messing up in the solution as well. Not only I have to pay, but I also got the trouble because I could not...

9. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    Ok I'll be honest and this will probably give my age away but um...I did not even know that paying bills by ATM was possible! We pay rent with checks because that is our only option but everything else is done over the phone or online. We don't usually print confirmations though. We may write down a confirmation number and then we add it to our spreadsheet of bills. Anyway, I hope you don't have that problem again!

10. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    It's alright dustysmommy, I'm only twenty three-I assume I'm younger than you just because I don't have a husband and kid, but then again my friend does, so you know-and I never knew you could pay bills via ATM either.

Personally I just set up direct debits and then don't worry about it.

11. Tiara Murphy

Tiara MurphyNew Member

Threads:
    I'm 23 as well, Livvy, and I have a husband and a child :p
    I know around where I live you can pay all of your bills at the local companies or even the grocery store. I prefer online or by check, though. I have the debit coming from my account as proof and I also save the page to my computer that is the "receipt". I also get an email to my linked account saying that I've paid. Also, Gelsemium, you can usually look at a breakdown of your bill on their site and check it's validity. I can see my electric bill broken down by day and even time of day.

12. Gelsemium

Threads:
    What do you mean Tiara, a breakdown of your bill? How much we are paying per day?

Funny enough today I was paying the bill again (yes, one month has already passed) and when I was putting the codes in the ATM machine I was wondering, let's see if this is working this time lol. It worked, it would be a little too much if it didn't... :) I was contacted by their quality service to get my feedback, I gave them the worse possible of course.

13. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I've only got a year on you. People take all sorts of paths. :) But for the record, I think we could be great friends!

I personally don't like to do automatic debits. Sometimes the money isn't in my account the day its supposed to come out. Sometimes there are months, god forbid, when I just have to be late on a payment. I much prefer to pay bills when I know the money is there. I don't want to stress about whether or not it will be in my account on time.

14. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That's exactly why I don't do automatic debits as well, I might not have enough money on the account on the particular day they want to debit and in that case I am in trouble. Receiving the invoice means I can choose when I pay and I have the time to figure out how to find money to pay my bills. Also, if they make mistakes I pay first and complain later?