In & Out V.S. Five Guys Burgers: Who wins?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by JoanMcWench • Oct 27, 2013.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I lived in California for a while and tried an In & Out burger or two. I was not the biggest fan. People tell me that's because I didn't get them made a certain way or because I didn't get the 'right kind'. I just ordered a freaking burger. To be honest, I liked Carl's Jr better but that's a different conversation.

Between In & Out and Five Guys, I prefer the latter. They have a simple menu. They have a delicious burger. There is no special way to order it in order to make it a great burger. Just good food. Now, I am not implying that they have the best burgers on Earth but between the two fast food chains that seem to top all lists of fast food chains I prefer Five Guys. But, DO YOU?!??!

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would choose In-N-Out hands down. I didn't get my burger customized. I liked the plain old burger. I have eaten at Five Guys. It was okay, but I prefer In-N-Out.

Years ago, my ex wanted a hamburger. He wanted to go to a specific place to get a hamburger. The location wasn't the safest especially at 11:30pm at night. Also, we had to wait to get our burgers because they are made when you order them. It was In-N-Out. I have been a fan ever since.

I have given up hamburgers, but whenever I see an In-N-Out, I think about cheating on my vegetarian lifestyle.

3. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    In and Out is a thin consistent burger. Yes I have heard about get grilled onions or "protein style" but when you look at the size of the meat compared to the bun or even vegetables it is really THIN. Guess you get what you pay for there. If you really eat meat and want a satisfying burger, it is NOT in and out. Sure its cheap, its consistent but there really is nothing to it. I am not a half pound or even quarter pound hamburger person, but it has always bothered me that in and out gives so little for a patty.

If you had a barbeque in your back yard and served burgers that thin, people would wonder (if they would even not get stuck to a grill). So bottom line, if I want a real hamburger, I would choose ANYTHING over In and Out ...Farmers Brothers, Boll Weevil, Tommys, even Carls. For a snack, IN and Out is cheap and fast, if you want to really eat there you would have to garbage up on fries and shakes to feel like you even ate.