In person only?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by JessiFox • Apr 15, 2013.

1. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    What are some things that you refuse to buy online, no matter how good the deal or convinient it may be?

I know a lot of people have no problem doing so, but personally I detest buying any food online. I need to physically be there to pick out my food....that's probably the biggest one for me, but I've heard people mention all kinds of things they insist on buying in an actual store.

2. fourmatic

fourmaticMember

Threads:
    Just things that I need to be comfortable. Chairs, my bed etc. I want to see in person before I purchase. The rest for the things I don't think it would matter either way.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes online. I need to try clothing on to see how it fits. I know that stuff can be returned, but it's too much of a hassle. I rather buy offline. I also don't buy food online either. I can't imagine buying perishables online, but my sister does it all the time. She has never had any problems.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I won't buy food online either. I like to see the quality for myself, and as I don't tend to plan menus, food shopping gives me ideas for meals. I work our menu around what's on special offer and in season.

Another thing I don't buy online is shoes. I have some bone spurs on my feet due to arthritis, and while I am a standard European size 38, I have to be sure the shoes will be comfortable around my bumpy bits. Also, shoes are made here in Spain, so I can get leather shoes at bargain prices.

5. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I never buy any skin care products online no matter how amazing the deals are. The products may be as good as those sold at real store, but i still have much worry. So i detest buying them online.

6. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like to buy food online either, and clothes are Another I don't really like to buy online. I like to be able to try clothes on to see how they fit, and for my kids too I like to have them try their clothes on before buying , so I wouldn't buy them online. There are things I like to buy online but not very many, another reason is because they make some products look really good online and then when you get it, the product is either a lot smaller or not good quality.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would not purchase clothes or food online. I like to see the material the clothes are made from and try the item on. I like to touch the material to see if it is soft, the smell of the material is also important to me. I have found some materials will get very offensive when I start to sweat and it mixes with the material.

8. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've never bought food online either, but I'd reconsider if I wanted to buy some kind of candy or treat from a different country. A friend of mine bought some Japanese candy (from a trusted store) and you'd be surprised of how bizarre they are (what more could you expect from something coming from Japan).

Another thing I wouldn't buy online would be a musical instrument, especially guitars. I definitely want to try them and inspect them for flaws before purchasing them.

9. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes or shoes online. With these items the cut and style often looks entirely different from one person to the next depending on their body shape. Skin tone also affects how clothes and shoes look on you so it really is best to shop for these in a brick and mortar store rather than online.

10. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Oh perishables especially....I can't even imagine. I guess a lot of people do, though, but I'll stick with the old fashioned way.

11. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    That's true, you can't tell how comfortable or nice something feels online....hadn't really considered that one.

12. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Undergarments. Socks, drinks, and food separate from dry food. I'll buy Graham Crackers or peanut butter crackers in bulk online but not anything else. It also depends on the seller. For example, if Little Debbies has a partnership with Amazon.com where they're selling some of their cakes online then yeah I might purchase a few boxes. But if those cakes are coming from some guy named Joe in Kansas, then absolutely not.

13. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Clothes, I change sizes on a regular basis so I need to make sure they fit, if I buy them online and they don't fit I just throw them in my wardrobe and never send them back. At least this way I always leave the store with clothes that fit me. :) Pretty much everything else gets bought online - including my food shopping.

14. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I guess I am in the minority because I do buy food online. Around the holidays, especially at Christmas I will buy gift boxes. I do like the quality of food I have bought so far. I usually buy the Hillshire Farms meat and cheese gift baskets. I will also buy the assortment of nuts. They make great gifts and I believe it is all fresh.

However I would never buy bras online. I am so particular about this. I have to search hours at the store to find the right fit for me. So there is no way I would trust an online site for anything like that. Also I would never buy a pair of jeans online for the exact same reasons. I am on the fence when it comes to shoes. Sometimes I will buy them and other times I am not so sure about it.

15. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    No, I cannot imagine buying clothes online. From my experience, different manufacturers have different ideas about size numbers. So an XL size, for example, will be different coming from different factories. Even the same size from the same factory can still be different. So for clothes, I always buy in person.

16. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, clothes for me too. It's just that i like to try them first, see if i really like them, how they fit and how they feel. Aside from that anything goes!

17. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I can't imagine buying underwear on line. At least, not a bra. I usually have to try on every bra in the store until I find one that fits well.

18. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I actually have a lot of problems even buying jeans and shoes online.
    I normally can buy things like undergarments or simple tank tops but not anything that I really needs good fit in.
    I hate going through the process of shopping something back and returning it so I rather get it right on the first purchase.

19. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm the same I cannot buy food online I have a few friends that actually get their groceries from online but I just couldn't do it

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I won't buy clothes or shoes online too, because it can be tricky even if you know your size, since a certain brand's size may not fit you. So it is best to just buy those things in physical stores in my opinion.