In search of an affordable gift!

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by sunshine31 • Aug 30, 2013.

1. sunshine31

sunshine31New Member

Threads:
    Hello! I have a grandmother who loves to get gifts in the mail - it's just her thing and it makes her so happy that I want to accommodate her. The problem is that I am finding everything to be so expensive! Every time I find a deal on flowers, for example, the shipping expense kills it for me. She does not care what she gets though she does love flowers and gift baskets. I am open to all suggestions!

I would love to find something that I can send her periodically without breaking the bank. Does such a gift exist?

Thank you for your help!

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I would send a homemade gift. A grandmother would love anything made by her grandchild...guaranteed! If you are not real crafty, try making just a homemade card with a letter instead. Remember the old saying..."it's not the gift, it is the thought that counts". To show that you cared enough to send her even just a quick little note every once in awhile is the greatest gift you could give her.

3. sunshine31

sunshine31New Member

Threads:
    Thank you so much for your reply. You're right. I know you're right and that I'm just looking for an easy way out. I am not crafty, though I certainly wish that I was, so I can't think of anything that I can make that she would really enjoy. I do send her drawings that my kids make and she loves them, but I know that she would also really enjoy a gift package from me now and then.

Thanks again for your help!

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

Try making home made gifts you can find tons of things and ideas by researching online, you can also go to a hobby lobby they have tons of crafts that are easy to do and make great gifts.

5. Tribie

TribieMember

Threads:
    How about sending her a book every now and then. If she has a lot of time on her hands, she might want to spend her time reading. Perhaps you can also send her collections of series that she may enjoy or old movies (those that came out during her prime). I enjoy old watching movies that I've seen in my youth.

6. sunshine31

sunshine31New Member

Threads:
    Thank you all very much for your suggestions! Books might be a good idea, though I can't say I know what types of books she reads. I could definitely ask her, though. The general consensus, though, seems to be that I need to up my game and not look for an easy solution. I've been so busy lately that I was looking to just buy something (cheap!) online and ship it to her to make my life easier and her life happier all at once! :D

Once again, thanks for the ideas!!

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Did you say cheap? Then try these Chinese online stores, they all offer free worldwide shipping, I have bought from all of these 3 stores, and the items arrived in 3 weeks. Try dx.com, focalprice.com, and buyincoins.com. You can get her a handbag or something. If you want to give her a book, then bookdepository.com offers free worldwide shipping as well.

8. Online Gifts

Online GiftsNew Member

Threads:
    Dear friend, not a necessary to buy flowers for your grandmother, you can give different gifts instead of flowers. lots of gifts you can see via online go to google and find gifts at affordable prices.

gift a love

9. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with the people who have said that you should make something yourself. Do you have a photo of the two of you together? If you do, then it might be cool to make a photo frame for her, and then send that. It should lie relatively flat, meaning it won't cost you too much in postage costs, and you can find things to make your frame with from any arts and crafts shop. If you have kids, it would be great to get them involved in this too, as it would mean that you could have a fun afternoon together.

10. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    @ sunshine31

I think you should try expressgiftservice here you will find various types of gifts hampers for all age persons. I am the member of this site for 2 years ago and I have sent more than 100 gifts in various countries. There service is too fast.