Increase laptop battery life

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by limitless1585 • Jun 26, 2014.

1. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    The best way to increase the life of your laptop battery is to not use it when it's not necessary. Put the charger on when it's 40% full, there was a research I read that it's best to charge your battery when it's 40% full. Use a cooler, high temperature destroys the battery of your laptop.

2. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure the 'don't use it when its not necessary' advice needs to be said. I mean, we wouldn't use the laptop if we didn't need it. Although the charger thing is true, and further you shouldn't run it off the charger while you're using it.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Other ways to extend battery life:

- Running lots of programs demands more usage of system resources which will drain your battery fast. To avoid that, you should run only programs you are using at that specific time.

- It's also advisable that every three of four weeks you should drain out your laptops battery completely and then fully recharge it. This will maximize its capacity to hold charge.

4. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard from a lot of people that the best way to maintain your battery is to make sure that your laptop is always drained. Most people once they switch on their laptop they make sure that it is plugged in so that they don't have to deal with issues of heaven and low battery. From what I've heard this is the fastest way to destroy your battery. So the solution is to charge your battery till it's for and then make sure that you use your computer and drain your battery completely. And keep this sort of cycle where it's charged and drained, charged and drained.

5. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    Also, another good tip is to lower the brightness on the screen. Oftentimes, the default brightness is very high so that the screens look good in the bright stores where laptops are commonly sold, but most people work in much more dim environments. There are also programs that alter your screen's brightness throughout the day as the amount of ambient light changes. Huge energy saver.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I read somewhere that modern batteries don't require as much attention and maintenance anymore, meaning you could just use them as you please and the difference wouldn't be that big in terms of the longevity of the battery's life nor would you have to worry about the amount of power it's able to store decreasing. However, I have also read that there are some measures you can take to help its maintenance which is to drain it completely once a month. I myself just keep my laptops and tablets plugged in most of the time even when I use them as long as there is a socket nearby.