Indian food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by GavinMcresty • May 1, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    Are there any fans of Indian food here? What kinds of dishes do you like? Where do you get it from? A restaurant, a takeaway or ordering online? Do you enjoy the spicier dishes or do you tend to avoid them?

Here is a vaguely related anecdote: I once ate at an Indian restaurant and had some very spicy poppadoms. To put it mildly, they burned going in and going out. At the airport later on, I went to the bathroom. When I stood up I nearly exclaimed, "Ow! Ow! It's burning!" It clicked in my mind that this would not be a very sensible thing to say in an airport.

2. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Indian food! It's so delicious; I could eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner! I like a lot of different vegetable dishes as well as paneer. There is a festival of Indian culture this weekend at one of the museums and I can't wait.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

Lol that's pretty bad I haven't really had much indian food but i use to date a guy he was indian and his mom once made us some indian tacos they were really good but my god they were huge i could only eat half of one

4. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    I love Indian food, especially hot curries. If I am buying a 'ready meal' curry from a supermarket I always go for a Madras, I would never order a madras in a restaurant because it would be too hot, but a madras from a supermarket is barely luke warm. If I am eating in a restaurant I tend to go for a balti. I only ever eat chicken curry, I don't eat lamb or pork, and I find beef in curries rather tough. Least favourite curry? Either a korma (why bother?) or chicken tikka masala - again, it's really bland, but not only that it's shocking pink in colour. Pink curry?!? No thanks!

5. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I am Indian, but I have been in America pretty much all my life, so I try to try out all the different places in and around my town. The majority are pretty good, and I can stand the spice so I don't mind the hotter dishes on the menu. I mostly go for buffets, though, as then you really get a range of foods that you can try out without having to get a whole plate of just one dish. As for types of meats, I will eat anything but beef, as beef is not a meat that is readily eaten in India, so many cooks don't have experience with it and there aren't many recipes that call for it, leading to beef curries that don't hold a song when compared to a nice Philly Cheesesteak.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Indian foods are known to be spicy in general, so until now I haven't tried an Indian dish yet, since I hate spicy foods. Maybe if I come across a non-spicy indian food then I would try it out.

7. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    i love indian food

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Authentic Indian food is spicy, but full of flavour and can get you addicted to it.

Chiken tikka masala.. If it is authentic it is tikka.. or spicy.. It is not colored pink. It is deep red from the Kashmiri chilli used. That is one of my favourite dishes.. and so are the dals and paneers. The biriyani is one of those special Indian signature dishes. Simple and easy to make provided you have the right ingredients.

9. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, love Indian food. I have lots of Indian recipe books and I cook it often, probably twice a week. I cook lots of different curries like lamb dhansak from the north and chicken xacuti from Goa. I also like Indian basmati rice, I love the fragrant smell.

10. jericjames10

jericjames10Member

Threads:
    I love Indian Food, a curry dish exactly.