Indoor Cat vs Outdoor Cat

Discussion in Pets started by tulosai • Jul 6, 2012.

1. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I don't see the point in having an outdoor cat. It is another mouth I have to feed and another animal I have to deal with but I don't get to enjoy him/her because they spend all day and night roaming the woods. At that point it isn't even my pet.

2. husstopher

husstopherMember

Threads:
    I would go with indoor cats. I have some out door cats and one never came back after 2 months of being outside and another always ends up all bloody with scratches and wounds.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a semi indoor cat nowadays, and I think that it would be best to just make your kitten an indoor one. All my previous cats before this one died pretty early, and 1 of my cats even spread a fatal disease to our dog and to our cat that happens to be his sibling, because he went out alot. All 3 of them died within a week. So to prevent your kitten from picking up viruses and other unpleasant circumstances, just make him an indoor cat.

4. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    It irks me when people get cats just to let them roam outside because it's just a matter of time before it'll be the last time you see them. By nature they are hunters and once they get what it is like to be outdoors they are going to want to spend more of their time outside than in. Especially if they aren't spayed or neutered, forget about it. I have several stories of people I know who thought it was fine to let their cat roam outside boasting "Oh he'll/she'll be back" but then one day they are proven wrong. My cat is my little baby. She stays in the house at all times. She gets her fresh air through the window. I love that she's always around to cuddle with me and it actually feels like we have a bond. She's not just using me for food and shelter from the rain, which is the characteristic of most outdoor cats. Plus, I can't say I'd be too quick to want to cuddle with a cat who has been outside because only God knows..

5. avadarling

avadarlingMember

Threads:
    I love my kitties but I am so afraid that letting them outside something might happen to them! I have always had cats but I only let them outside once in a while to soak up the sun rays and only by my side. Maybe one day I will loosen their leash :)

6. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I largely prefer an indoor cat because he is mostly clean and i can pet him or have him on my lap without having dirt on me. And taking care of the basics for him is not that hard when you insert the tasks into your routine.