Inexpensive flights

Discussion in Travel started by Mayvin • Sep 2, 2013.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Curious to know what your favorite website is for finding cheap airline tickets? I know there are alot of sites to choose from so wanted to know which one you have all found the most helpful.

2. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    Most of the time I'm using skyscanner for my airline tickets. You can compare the prices with other websites.

3. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I usually go to the website of the airlines. If you fly jetblue for example subscribe to their site since they do send you alerts on their discounted rates. They also have a mobile app you can download. My sister who buys their yearly vacation airplane tickets up to 6 months in advance loves these alerts. She checks them daily and is able to save at least 50% of their ticket costs every year.

4. bonniea

bonnieaMember

Threads:
    I have found that most sites like travelocity and expedia have almost identical pricing. Most discount airlines do not post on those sites, so you need to go to the individual website for prices. This includes airlines like Southwest and Jet Blue. The other place to check is Google consolidators. These guys can often come up with cheaper flights. The price is more layovers. I was able to save about $500 on a trip to South Korea but had two layovers instead of the typical one. They fly with the major carriers. This flight was with United. Then when the flight got delayed, they re-booked a flight with only one layover. So I got the more direct route and still saved money.

5. Akya

AkyaNew Member

Threads:
    I've used SkyScanner but I found it doesn't show all options from ebooker. I'm yet to book through ebooker but they have lots of options and show a lot more flights than SkySkanner and many other similar flights.

6. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I have found that your best bet is to stick with one airline and always go to their site to book. That way you build up frequent flier points with the airline and eventually will build them up to the level that allows you to have free flights. That's where the real savings come into play.

7. BrianWolfe

BrianWolfeMember

Threads:
    I use skycanner.com all the time now. When I lived in Asia, AirAsia.com was one of the best low-cost carriers available with wide flight coverages all over east and southeast Asia.

Skyscanner lets you make quick comparisons and filter your search results, very user-friendly!

8. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I usually use skyscanner at first, then go directly to the website of the airline. Sometimes I will also just look at a list of all carreiers that fly the route I'm looking for and search them all manually.

9. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    I used to use bing.com/travel all the time, but for whatever reason, Bing has changed their format. Now I use edreams.com for the searches. Edreams always at least finds the cheapest ticket, but sometimes the site itself will toss in extra fees. I always cross reference with the actual airline that has the deal, and then it's sometimes cheaper to just go that route. Either way, edreams does the main work, then I just follow up to make sure I'm getting the very best deal!

10. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    A new favorite of mine would have to be groupon. I never even knew this app and website carries such deals but to my pleasant surprise they did and I saved a few hundred dollars when I went on vacation a year back.
    I would definitely keep my eyes open with this one because the deals come and go very quickly.

11. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Expedia works for me.Plus they've been known to be legit all these years so the fear of getting scammed is out of the question.

12. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    They are a low-fare airline and have several sunny destinations and i suggest to you that if you want to take fly with inexpensive budget..

13. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    It's the first time I'm getting to know skyscanner, I've been using Expedia all my travelling years and have never gotten into flight problems. I love Expedia because it is a reputable website and so, like @difrancprod says, the question of scamming is non-existent. I think I will research about skyscanner, only because it is being used by so many people already, and it is reported that skyscanner compares airline rates;that's a good thing! as it will save me money :)