Inexpensive Plus-Size Dresses?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by SEA81 • May 20, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I'm going on vacation and hoping to get a few new maxi or sun dresses for my trip. Just wondering where you all shop for dresses? I can't afford to pay too much. I actually saw one at Target, but I couldn't tell if it was a bathing suit cover up or a dress. Ha!

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy online at Roamans, Chadwicks, and Woman Within. Then I google for "online coupons" Or online "coupon codes" and get some pretty good deals. Oh and Old Navy online has some good priced plus sized clothes. Oh and btw did you know that target has a debit card. You attach it to your checking account, and save an additional 5%. You can use it the same day you sign up for it at the store, they will give you a temp card.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ross Dress for Less has cute plus size summer dresses. Ashley Stewart (store and online) has cute inexpensive summer dresses too. These are my main go to stores when I need something in a pinch. I have never purchased dresses at Target, but they do have cute swimwear.

4. goodselfme

goodselfmeMember

Threads:
    Catherines is online and has a really nice assortment of dresses, skirts, slacks, blouses and accessories too. They have some great sales. One of the main things I like about Catherines is that if you see something online and you don't find it in the store, they will ship it to you when they locate your size and item.Some of the sales are 40% off regular prices and the prices are reasonable. Have a nice vacation.

5. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I got a few cute dresses at Target.com. I thought they were really nice for what I paid for them.

6. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Have you tried shopping in vintage stores? I found one cool maxi dress in and paid only $10! It's never been used as I even saw it's original price tag worth $32.

7. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    Dots carries a plus size and they are very inexpensive. There are a bunch of strip malls with struggling stores around that usualy have inexpensive clothing.

8. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Ross and TJ Maxx are both really good places to get dresses for a good price. You could also try thrift stores and garage sales. If you sew, you could make sun dresses for a lot less money than buying them. You could download a pattern for free and then buy several different fabric patterns from a clearance table at a fabric store. Adding belts, scarves and accessories can make the same dress pattern look very different.

9. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    Can you use it like a debit card anywhere? Do they run a credit check? Thanks for the tips! I didn't know about some of those stores.

10. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you, everyone for all of the tips!

11. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    My friend is also large and Macy's is her go to store. She shop there non-stop almost all of her clothes are cute, or sexy and usually $9 to $15. I would also suggest Marshall's, and forever 21. Now while forever 21 is a bit on the steep side if you take time to search through the clothes you will find cute affordable things.

12. allanwetson

allanwetsonNew Member

Threads:
    Now a days most of the persons very aware for it's fashion. There are many online store provide such great collection of plus size dresses with latest design, style also have best discount offer and free shipping services.

13. emiliiocharles

emiliiocharlesNew Member

Threads:
    There are many shops and online stores provide great collection of plus size dresses. Also here I get very useful details about inexpensive plus size dresses. You have done great work.

14. narfcurrit

narfcurritNew Member

Threads:
    I really like Fashion Bug, as they have the same styles in both smaller and larger sizes. I'm right in-between "normal" and plus-sized, so I like being able to find something on one side of the store and then go to the other to fit it just right. They also have fun, inexpensive jewelry.

15. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I have a cousin that would love this store. She loves to dress nice and so do I and maybe we can find the same outfit to wear from time to time to match. We love to dress alike and have fun together. So we will have to check out this place and make some purchases. She loves to shop for nice clothes and she is a beautiful full figured woman. She puts the excitement in shopping for clothes.

16. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I don't know where you live at however here in the NY area there is a shop called Rainbow that features clothing for us plus size gals. All the stuff there is trendy and fun. I picked up 2 maxi dresses for $7 each 2 months ago and they were super cute. I hate shopping at some places where their idea of plus size fashion includes outfits that look like sheets and curtains.

17. Gwen85

Gwen85New Member

Threads:
    There are some stores who sell several inexpensive plus size dresses, but if you want to have quality and great material you have to pay a lot more.

by navabi are great fashion clothes for every occasion. I know the prices might be a little bit high, but just wait for the next SEASON SALE.
    I only made good experiences with this online store and vcan recommend to every plus size woman.

18. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    Most of online sites giving all size clothes for the same price. I am always purchasing clothes from online stores so I didn't yet pay any extra charge for plus size clothes. You should go for online shopping where you should get all sizes available without any hurdles of going anywhere.

19. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have to say I do most of my Clothing Shopping at one store for the most part. When shopping I like to have specific stores for specific items. I hardly ever shop at Cato's but I went in there two weeks ago and they had some amazing sales and clearance items! However, the store that I shop at mostly is Simply Fashion's their clothing are always inexpensive!!! Their clothing are comfortable and beautiful. You have so much to chose from. Now, if you only shop online, you should try

. They have a plus size section with some very cute dresses!

20. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Are you opposed to buying used? When is your trip?

Yard sales are awesome for things like this and Ebay can be, too, if you're willing to look around some. Plus sized clothing can get really expensive, but if you keep looking around, you're bound to find something. Good luck!