Inexpensive skin care alternatives.

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by prettycolors • Mar 18, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I'm currently researching natural skin care alternatives. Money adds up quite fast when purchasing all kind of lotions so I decided to test the wisdom of the old and try some homemade skin care techniques to save up.

Currently I'm using honey for my face since around here it's really cheap to buy it. I'm also looking into Aloe Vera extracts and hot water infusions. Hot water (steam) seems to work well for those pesky black spots and I already have all ingredients in my house :D

What's your experience with skin care alternatives, anyone tried something similar?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use a salt scrub on my entire body at least once a week. I mix sea salt, water and few drops of lemon into a paste and rub it gently over my bodyfor a couple of minutes before having a shower. You can do the same with sugar. I make all kinds of masks for my face. I like to use avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes and strawberries. I have also made masks with lightly whipped egg white, lemon and honey. The possibilities are endless. A great one for wrinkles is pineapple. :)

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A really cheap product to use as an astringent for your face and to dry out pimples is tea tree oil. You don't need to buy it from a beauty brand, Trader Joe's for example has a good size bottle for less than 4 dollars that lasts a long time! The oil is really concentrated and you need to mix water with it. It smells really strong, but it`s really effective to clean the skin and keep pimples away!