Info about Zeek Rewards

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Parker • Jul 7, 2012.

1. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A friend introduced me to the Zeek Rewards. I did a Google search for Zeek Rewards and found a bunch of sites with differing opinions. Most of the review sites are thinly disguised affiliate sites.

Do anyone have an experience with Zeek Rewards?

2. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    I have heard a lot about it. My husband had a friend at work trying to get him involved, so we did some searching for unbiased reviews. I think this review will help you. The person who wrote it does not have any affiliation with Zeek Rewards and his article is very neutral:

My personal opinion is that it's not a scam, but it seems to be a fairly shaky business model.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a great article. It does seem like a shaky business model. My friend says that I didn't have to pay, but the article says that you have to pay to get paid. LOL! I think I would prefer to spend my time on something else.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm updating this thread just in case anyone needs to know about Zeek Rewards. They were recently shut down by the SEC for being a Ponzi scheme.

I am so glad that I didn't spend any money or time on this site!

Edit: Adding reference link:

#4Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  5. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen Zeek Rewards a lot this year, and I'm not really impressed. I don't really like the bid sites, to be honest. So many of these kinds of sites close after a year.

6. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    Zeekler and Zeek Rewards was shut down for being a ponzi scheme. I found this information online for jilted investors.

On August 17, 2012, the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") filed a Complaint in United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina, Charlotte Division, against Rex Venture Group, LLC ("Rex Venture") d/b/a ZeekRewards.com ("ZeekRewards"), and Paul R. Burks. The SEC alleges that Rex Venture and Burks fraudulently offered and sold securities in an unregistered offering as part of a combined Ponzi and pyramid scheme.

On August 17, 2012, Judge Graham C. Mullen issued an Order appointing Kenneth D. Bell of McGuireWoods LLP as temporary receiver (“Receiver”) for Rex Venture Group, LLC d/b/a ZeekRewards.com. The August 17th order directs the Receiver to, among other things, take control and possession of and to operate the Receivership Estate, and to perform all acts necessary to conserve, hold, manage and preserve the value of the Receivership Estate.

At this time there is no claims process and no distribution. The Receiver is currently gathering ZeekRewards investment history and harmed investor information from the Defendants in an effort to facilitate the claims process and subsequent distribution to harmed investors.

This website will be the Receiver's primary means of communicating with customers and the public. Please check back periodically for additional information.

7. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I have some online friends who are really faithful to the site to the point that they bash anyone who says a negative opinion about zeek rewards. I wonder how they are doing right now when they lost their investments in a blink of an eye because I'm very sure that no one saw this coming.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately the company has met hard times. Glad you waited to join.

9. Jackputaop

JackputaopNew Member

Threads:
    thisiscornwall classifieds gainesville sun classifieds