Infoarmy Over??

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by pafjlh • Feb 6, 2013.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    A few months back someone on this forum referred all of us to Infoarmy. A website that had members create reports on various businesses. At the time they were offering $20 per report plus commissions then it went down to $10 plus commissions. I went and joined the website, and did actually complete one report for them, before the bottom fell out.

What I mean by the bottom is apparently last Friday the company announce that they would no longer be paying for reports or even commission. In other words they seem to be going out of business. Their reason, there wasn't enough sales of the reports to keep the program going.

All that went through my head was the obviously the website dived head first into something they weren't prepared for. In other words they should of made sure they could sell these reports before starting to bring people in to create them. Such as having a waiting list of subscribers who want the reports the minute they are completed. Also, I don't think they handled marketing as well as they should of they certainly didn't think about it long term or who they should try to market these reports to. I mean a good customer would of been stock holders who probably would of like to have had an app that gave them the company at a glance, or even employees of the company. But I guess they didn't think about it the way that I do and in the end, the website ended up going belly up. I was disappointed by this, but I'm sure not half as disappointed as those who were really invested in it.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    You summed up most of my thoughts on it, too.

I did the exact same thing. I did complete one and just as it was being finished, they closed the doors. As in, my report was at 90% approval on the 31st, just waiting for the guy to finish signing off on it, and they closed on the 1st. I only made a few bucks. :(

I'm glad I wasn't more invested in it, too, but it's disappointing that they couldn't pull it off.

3. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I signed up with them and even worked on one report. I was hoping to make a second job out of it. The person who referred me had said she made $1500 off them. I liked the work, but it was a little more involved than I thought it would be. I was hoping to have more time to devote to it this month, but looks like I won't have the opportunity. Too bad.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

It isn't a real lost that site wasn't worth it there is a lot more better sites how their than that one i tried it and found it to be a waste of time

5. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Doesn't surprise me. THey were paying way too much for something that didn't seem to be profitable. I started on a report but never finished. Glad I didn't bother :)

6. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I also think it was a waste of time because you had to put a lot of time into doing those reports and I thought it was a lot of work when they were paying 20.00 and when it went down to 10.00 it really was a waste of time. Those reports were time consuming if done right and still not a for sure thing when finished. I can make 10.00 and sometimes a little more in less then 20 mins. doing usertesting and it is not as much work and never takes more then 20 min and if it does you are paid more.

7. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    I was just reading that thread where a member of this forum was referring people to the site. I clicked on his referral link and the link doesn't work anymore so I guess they really are going out of business.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    The site still exists:

You can even access all the reports still. They're just free instead of for payment because no one was really buying anyway.

9. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    So to read the reports the site is still there. But for working, the site is a dud.

10. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I know that the site technically still exist. Mainly to try to sell the reports that were already created or give them away, don't know what their procedure for this is any longer. I do know that originally the reports were pretty costly. Also, its no longer possible to make money creating reports there. Even if they still had the report creation part up they made it clear there would be no more money for them. It was bad enough when the price for report creation went down from $20 to $10 given the amount of work that needed to be done in this reports (the research wasn't easy) but now to say if you do reports its free. Somehow I would be surprised if they got anyone who would actually volunteer to devote so much time to create those reports.

11. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    I just saw that post today I looked for the site and it didn't even pull up under the referral link. I was hoping that would be a good opportunity but oh well better luck next time I suppose!