Infommercials are lame.

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by xcmiller93x • Apr 26, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    Infommercials are sooo lame. Ha. I'm pointing out the obvious here, but yeah. Have you guys seen the commercial for snuggie? I would LOVE to see people at a football game wearing a snuggie. Especially men. Do they think people really would wear that out in public? Haha. Never.

Also have you guys seen the show World's Dumbest on TruTV? There's one called World's Smartest Inventions, and it basically shows some stupid infommercials and makes fun of the products. It's great.!

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We just saw the World's Smartest Inventions the other night. It is pretty funny.
    There just isn't anything else but infommercials on TV when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep so I have ended up watching some pretty strange ones. Some of those infommercial actors are just so phoney that they are just plain funny to watch.

3. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    Some of the infomercials really are pathetic! I laugh at them all the time! They people in there act like they are having such a hard time and make such a big deal about having to do something. but then they have this new product and they are suddenly relaxed! haha I love at the end they double the offer...but wait! call now!...haha

4. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with them looking fake when claiming to have a problem doing something that is not even that hard. The actors themselves are not even that good at acting. Their reactions to the products look so fake. It's just funny to watch.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Infommercials are not only lame, but hilarious! The "aren't you tired of...?" line is my sign to laugh. They show exaggerated situations of people who would have to be very useless to fail doing very simple tasks.

The "Slanket" was actually wore in public... well not really, but it was part of the ward drove for a TV show :p

30-rock-slanket.

And what you can do with it at home is even cooler!

[​IMG]

6. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    Most of them are extremely lame but some of them do get pretty big and end up making A LOT of money from their silly product. Take the snuggie for example. Even though you may think it is stupid, there are so many people that have bought it it for friends as a joke or other things like that. They still make money in the end.

7. xtina3907

xtina3907Member

Threads:
    Well I love my snuggie lol. I would never wear it to a ball game or out in public though. Most of the commercials are just unrealistic. They sure do give you a good laugh though.

8. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    An infomercial just came on for this spray painter that saves soooo much time on painting anything, including furniture, just as I start painting my newest thrift shop cabinet with my paintbrush...think they are mocking me?

Kinda makes me angry!

9. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Those infomercials always have a guy that's full of energy. Like he drank 30 red bulls in his dressing room, just so he could muster up enough courage to do the gig. I wonder when the camera stops rolling, does he revert back to his normal self again? He probably walks around smoking a cigarette, and cursing at the staff.:D

10. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    [video=youtube;thFhRAWjoYQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thFhRAWjoYQ[/video]

This makes me laugh.

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Haha, I missed this one! I couldn't imagine a snuggie being worn in public, but I guess if anyone would do it, it would be Liz! I'm sure they're comfy for some, but they seem ridiculous.

12. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    I hate infomercials. They are very boring and rarely ever show a product that I would be interested in.

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    She rarely can match her clothes, really :p Wearing a snuggie in public wouldn't just be ridiculous, it would make walking impossible. I'd trip all the time!

14. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I'd wear my snuggie everywhere if I could get away with it! I actually have worn it out before but I never got out of the car :eek: I take the kids to school every morning and our heater in the car was messed up. It was winter! The kids had blankets and we all had jackets, but I wore the snuggie sometimes for extra warmth with the long part up in my lap so it wouldn't tangle around my legs.

The infomercials are hilarious! I love how excited they are about their product. As if it's going to cure cancer or something.

15. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    If I was cold and I had a snuggie, you better believe I would wear it at a football game. However, I highly doubt my husband would wear his Superman snuggie or my pink breast cancer awareness snuggie in front of anyone except his immediate family. I don't even think his cousins would see him in it. lol.

My favorite infomercial is the shake weight, lol! My mind goes in the gutter every time and sit there and laugh like a little school girl, lol. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

16. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with you because all of these infomercials are stupid. Then you had to bring up the stupidest inventions ever! This is a great show and it is always great for a laugh! I know I really enjoy laughing at the antics and the sayings they come up with on the show!

17. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    Oh my gosh, I saw one last night that had me running for the remote. It was something about pet hair removal, and it was this older woman screeching into the camera. I couldn't understand a word she said, but I think it busted my eardrums. Gah. Why do people think these techniques make you want to shop with them?

18. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    This is hysterical. I agree infomercials are boring and a waste of time, yet my 5 year old daughter LOVES them! She likes to watch them and then try to re-enact them for me. I love how the actors are generally the same across all infomercials too. 99.999% of stuff you see on TV does not work nearly as well as they make it appear to.

19. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    Some are pretty decent... Or pretty funny to see how fail they are ^_^
    I watch them when I have nothing better to do.

I wonder how many people actually order the product after seeing the infomercial...

20. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone else noticed that almost all these infomercials are advertising different permutations of the same product? It's always either a juicer with magical horse power or some kind of contraption that does all your exercising for you or something like that...