Infused Water Instead Of Sports Drinks

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Zyni • Feb 7, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been trying to get more exercise and drink more water, so I decided to start having infused water instead of sports drinks after my workouts. I enjoy water with lemon, or any citrus really. Water infused with mint is also delicious and refreshing, if you can find (or grow) fresh mint.

Have you tried infused water? Do you prefer it, or do you think sports drinks do more for you?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When my father-in-law was here on vacation, he saw the lemon plants in the yard. We had about 5 lemon plants that were all fruiting at the time. He advised me to use the lemon on the drinking water. Instead of pure water, a slice of lemon will boost the taste and make the water more pleasurable. Whenever our lemon has fruits, I never fail to use that for my drinking water.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, it's a great way to get some savings when it comes to beverages. I find most of those sports drinks to be very expensive. I prefer water with lemon anyway, but it goes without saying that it is much less costly. I'm all for saving money. Those expensive drinks can add up quickly. Water on the other hand, is usually pretty cheap.

You get even more savings, since you grow your own lemons. I'm envious. :)

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not like the taste of Gatorade and other sports drinks, so I would happily just settle for water after a work out. We also have lemons growing in our backyard, and I occasionally make myself homemade lemon juice as well. It tastes nice even more if you add sugar on to it.

5. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    This is what we do in our house.
    We buy lemons, limes, oranges and mint. Sometimes other fruits but those are our staples.
    Then we chop them up and freeze them.
    It's the PERFECT thing to put into your water I swear! It keeps it a little cooler and it provides that nice bit of flavour. Plus we try to time our purchases so it's on sale or cheaper.
    For a real treat you can put that frozen fruit into other things as well.
    Cola with lemons and/or limes is nice.
    I really like putting the limes into coconut water.
    Girls seem to enjoy putting frozen grapes into their white wine.
    I will toss an orange into my wheat beer on a hot summers day.
    A lot f cool things you can do with this.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I would go fo the infused water. This way you have the option of mixing the water with the juice from a fruit or the essence of a herb may create a flavour that you totally enjoy, along with the health benefits. One such example of a health benefit is that lemon juice with water helps to flush toxins from your kidneys.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The reason why I don't drink infused water with lemon or lime or any other citrus fruits, is because of my teeth and the sheer acidity of those citrus fruits, so I avoid lemon water and all of those other infused water drinks. I find that just drinking water by itself - that tends to do the trick. I feel hydrated, refreshed, and energetic.

8. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Yes I love infused water. I buy a large bag of lemons or limes from Costco and cut them up ready to go and put them in a ziplock bag in the fridge. Every morning when I make my water bottle for work I add some cut up lemon and/or lime to the water. I'm not a huge fan of drinking water so I find that by adding the lemon or lime it really helps me drink more water. I went to a workshop and with lunch they served blueberry water. It was very refreshing.