Inordinate Product Delivery Time

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by explorerx7 • Jun 7, 2016.

1. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    There have been numerous complaints by purchasers that they had not received purchases of goods made through some of the global e-commerce sites until weeks or months after the promised time for delivery of these goods. I would like to know if there is anyone out there that has had any of this type of experience with any of these global sites.

2. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    Yes I have bought things from such sites before and it can take a long time to ship. But the thing is, you are usually getting a really low cost product from overseas. They are shipping it by sea not by air which would add a lot to the cost. So on these kinds of sites, shoppers should be prepared to wait 3-8 weeks for delivery.

3. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    My sister loves ordering products online. It depends really... If it's cargo by the sea, then it can take longer to reach your destination. If it's cargo by airplane, then it can be faster than the sea cargo. Of course, the faster way would have a higher price tag as well. I'd opt for the sea cargo all the time especially if it isn't really something important, just an item that can wait.

Just recently, my MIL sent my son a few gifts from abroad. The package went by sea, I think... And it was sent last April and it just arrived last week which is June. So that package travelled for about two months before it got here. Some of the items were already destroyed, like the toys and some biscuits. But they were mostly fine, except for a few damaged ones.

I guess that's another downside of having these items shipped from other countries. That's the risk you take though especially if the items you want are not here.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When you buy anything from a Chinese online retailer then you'll have to wait a couple of months before you receive your package. When buying from Amazon or Ebay if you don't get what you bought within two weeks then you have the right to complain.

So yes the shipping time will vary from retailer to retailer but unless you are buying something from overseas [China and other places you can buy stuff at really low prices] then if shipping anything takes too long then you need to demand for a refund.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have experienced such incidents when buying overseas, and when that happens, it's usually that the package has been delayed in reaching me via economy shipping, which is usually free, or the package was never shipped at all. If that's the case, then I just file for a dispute in Paypal so that I can get my money back.