Insanity Workout

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by murbiz • Sep 8, 2012.

1. murbiz

murbizNew Member

Threads:
    I have been seeing the Insanity commercial on TV and seems like something I would like to get into.Anyone ever done it?Any tips or advice?

2. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I started it but didn't finish it. I did it for like 2 weeks and it was the best workout ever. It soaked me in sweat and just really killed me but I felt better. Other than the constant soreness it was awesome and I would recommend it. I will be starting it again soon because I have issues with my ankles and had to stop to rest and never got back into it. It is definitely hard on the body so focus on the correct movements....quality over quantity.

3. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I was doing some research to check if insanity would work for me and this is what I discovered - that this system is more injury prone. The fact that these repetition are at a rapid pace it does not allow the muscles to rest, repair and build. The lack of weight training in this system does not help strengthen bone loss - which is common in older women.
    It does say that you do get a sculpted body sooner than most programs, but the dropout raters are quite high.
    I decided that it was not for me.

4. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for that, maddie! I'd much rather stick to the tried and tested cardio exercises and studio classes at the gym. I am not looking for any overnight results to achieve a sculpted body. Maintaining my current, optimum weight is enough for me, at this stage.

5. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I've never tried it. But two of my fitness buff friends spent the summer working through the program.

Granted they were both circus athlets who could make their bodies do insane things without a workout video. But they found the program gave them solid results. They both lost a little weight (they didn't have much to lose) and toned up after months of off circus time. So for them it was a good buy.

6. rebellemckenna

rebellemckennaNew Member

Threads:
    I've done the insanity workout on and off. I really think it's meant for those who don't have a lot of weight to lose and are just looking to firm, lift, and tone. Don't get me wrong you will definitely lose a lot of weight but for the moves like the jumps or ones where you drop to the floor quickly, those will be very hard on your knees if you are more than a few pounds overweight. What I did is when they got to an exercise that could be taxing on my knees, I did as many as I could then did high knees for the remainder of the time.