Instant Sticky Rice

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DukeMadThane • May 5, 2015.

1. DukeMadThane

DukeMadThaneMember

Threads:
    There is this great rice in the Asian section of Walmart that makes perfect sticky rice very time. They have brown and white and it's called Nishiki. You just have to ventilate the package and throw it in the microwave for 90 seconds and you have perfect sticky rice every time. Now, that's my kind of cooking.

2. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I love instant rice! But I don't like my rice sticky. There's where I keep running into trouble... Instant or not, it's always either sticky or under cooked. When I eat at restuarant buffets, their rice is always perfect, so I know its possible.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't imagine that this is very healthy. I like my rice and use the packs as a snack, but the best rice is when it is cooked with care and it contains more nutritional value. As a standby they are fine, but it's worth spending time to cook it properly.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Packaged rices like that are almost always on the unhealthy side, and the rice is always of a low quality. You're better off spending the 20 minutes it takes to make rice in a boiling pot or by using a rice cooker. You'll wind up with healthier and better tasting rice that's actually worth putting into your stomach.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I've never gotten into I stand rice. I'm a little suspicious of how they make something that should take an hour on the stove get done in a minute. Do you know how it's processed? I currently keep a bag of minute rice with my emergency food stores because it is something I could cook with just heating walks water in a camp stove and its gluten free. But I only get regular brown rice in bulk for daily use.

6. VictorSalza

VictorSalzaMember

Threads:
    I’ll have to keep an eye out for this. It sounds like something that would be good in a pinch. For those times you want rice, but don’t have the time to cook it.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never been keen on packaged rice such as this. It only takes 15 minutes to cook it on the hob and is a lot cheaper. Also, the packaged stuff is full of additives and I like to limit my intake of these wherever possible.

8. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I am the same as you. I like my rice dry and non sticky for curries, chilli, etc. so I use a rice steamer which gives me perfect results every time. On the other hand if I am making a risotto I like creamy rice that is a bit sticky!