Instead sitting in my cubicle, I want to . . .

Discussion in Travel started by niceness8000 • Aug 11, 2012.

1. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    I have always wanted to swim in the Great Barrier Reef. I think it's actually protected for the most part, and the one area that is open to the public has a nightmarish waiting list. I still may give it a go, though.

I also want to take a Great White shark dive in South Africa. Off the coast of Capetown, you can pay to be submerged in a shark cage after your tour guide uses bait to attract a Great White shark to your location. Then the guide tows the bait passed your cage, and the great white shark follows the bait right passed the cage too. You get to see them up-close in their natural environment. That sounds awesome.

The biggest creature on the planet is the Blue Whale. They are rare though. I want to take a whale watching tour and spot one of these giants. I know that they are known to be in specific parts of the world at certain times of the year, but because they are so rare, tours cannot guarantee finding one in the Wild. Still, I'd like to give it a shot. Searching for a Big Blue on the Big Blue sure beats sitting in a cubicle.