Intel Vs. AMD

Discussion in Product Reviews started by vaericke • Sep 4, 2012.

1. vaericke

vaerickeNew Member

Threads:
    Hi guys,
    What do you guys think of Intel as the best hardware for your computer? How about AMD, do you use some of their products such as graphics card and other stuff? Share your experiences with these two brands when it comes to computer technology. I'm personally using Intel as a whole.

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Me too. I have used AMD processors in the past, but wasn't all that pleased with performance. Since then, I've switched to Intel alone and stuck with it through the years. No, I do not use other AMD hardware like graphics card, etc. That said, I've heard some good things about AMD processors with their more recent versions.Yet to give them a try though.

3. guardianofhope

guardianofhopeNew Member

Threads:
    I think that chosing between Intel and AMD has more to do with what you plan to do with them as opposed to which brand is better. I think you might find that the single core processors in both to be fairly solid and reliable in a regulare usage setting. That is, if you use your computer to browse the interenet, maybe do a little writing, occasionally watch a movie online. However, if you're a gamer or graphic design type, or if you spend a lot of time watching shows and movies online, it gets trickier. The dual core and quad core processors are ideal in those situation and from what I've heard, Intel is doing slightly better in reliability in that section.

As to other products offered by either company, I can offer no advice. I prefer the nVida graphics cards, but that's a personal belief. I'm currently rearching memory replacements for my laptop, but I don't have enough information to offer an opinion there.

4. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    AMD are well built, but they just cannot come close to Intel in terms of performance! I would always go Intel over AMD in any situation for consumer computers.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with Scotty that AMD does create a solid product, but the edge goes to Intel. My friend had an AMD machine and my Intel machine just performed much better.

6. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I find Intel to still be superior and really brings the speed and power I prefer. If it is just a secondary computer or something then I don't mind but for my main one then I need Johnny Badass.

7. vaericke

vaerickeNew Member

Threads:
    Thank you for your replies. I understand that Intel has the edge over the recent years due to it's big processors which are still at the top compared to AMD. Well we'll see if that changes over time if AMD can still stand up and offer something new.