International Accounts

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by WantToSave • Jul 4, 2016.

1. WantToSave

WantToSaveNew Member

Threads:
    I'm wondering what is the best bank for international travellers who also work while away. I've been on the road for about a year and work freelance, I get paid into my account and then must do an international transfer and suffer price of currency exchange. Wondering if anyone may suggest a bank that offers services to freelancers such as me who travel and work?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why not get one of those virtual U.S bank accounts I've heard of? You get a debit card where your money in $$$$ is loaded and you can spend it in any place that accepts Visa or Mastercard. That would be the cheapest way to get your cash because I know that ACH transactions fees are very small or free.

With international bank accounts many charge monthly fees of up to $19. ATM fees wouldn't add up to $19 if you withdraw your money twice or so month.

3. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think there is a specific service for freelancers. But, HSBC is hands down the best "international" bank. If you have an HSBC account anywhere in the world, you will have a much easier time getting an HSBC account locally when you travel to another country. Also, they offer a variety of services that help you settle down for a while in any country. They also sort of help you save on taxes if that is a concern.