Internet Discounts.

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by jonthai • Jun 14, 2016.

1. jonthai

jonthaiMember

Threads:
    So I've seen some people getting discounts on TV packs, because they say they want to change, and the operators give them a discount. Does this happens with internet too? I'm just curious.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am sure it could. I am pretty limited as to what kind of internet I can get here though. I haven;t tried getting a discount on internet..but I may at some point. Usually, I get discount services on internet services if I complain to the provider about being overcharged for something,,,which seems to happen frequently I am afraid.! You might be able to get something though, if you discuss with the provider beforehand.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many internet companies will price match and all you need is a quote or a screenshot of an offer for another company to match it. Most will do offers around the holiday time or the beginning of the year when people usually change.

It does also depend on your area and what is available, as some rural areas don't have a choice sadly.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate to say this, because I keep saying it over and over again LOL But over here we very rarely get any offers. Although, having said that, I recently changed my internet provider and got offered a whole month's trial free! Really rather unheard of here. Sounds like I may be in the same boat as Ke Gordon!

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some companies will not offer any discounts because their rates are non-negotiable for whatever data plan you choose. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to get a better deal. Even though you may not get a discount they could offer you something else. In any case the worst they can do is say "no discount, sorry."

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the best discounts on internet if you go through a traditional subscriber like Verizon for instance is to get the bundle pack. It is always cheaper when you have something like this as an option. Many people will choose to use this kind of service so they can get discounts on their internet. It is a way to save some money.

7. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me, the cable company is who provides the internet. It's basically a choice of AT&T or Xfinity/Comcast, and neither is ideal. Since they know we don't have many options, they fight for customers, but once they have them, they nickel and dime you to death. They both offer good prices to new customers, but not to the customers they have.

The deals are usually about the same for each company, and seem to be around $29/month per service (cable, internet, Voip Phone) if you sign up for all 3, or at least 2 of them. Once you cut off your cable service and go strictly to streaming, the companies are starting to charge above a certain level of usage, so be careful to watch for that if you're switching plans/companies.

8. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I often stumble across discounts across internet for T.V subsciption services and seamless downstream/upstream internet plans. Is a matter to just make some research and compare the best offers out there, although I personally suggest direct cable services since the signal is faster and It can't be interrupter by rainfall or snow.

9. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I am sure that there are promotional deals and sign-up bonuses given out all the time, and I know that I got one for my internet, and it kind of worked in reverse. Instead of being grateful for the savings, I merely forgot that I was getting a cheaper price for the first year so when it changed I was outraged at the company, but really it was not their fault. Just make sure that you know all the details before signing up for anything.

10. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    In fact we currently enjoy it, great discounts on Internet charges indeed. There is stiff competition among telecom players and customers are really benefiting out of it. Companies offer have many long term plans in which you can apply for a long term plan of one year by paying an amount. Once you are registered in the plan you can buy 4G/3G/2G data at throw away prices. In fact these companies are trying to retain as many customers as possible.

We have a system of number portability by which customers are free to switch over from one company to another while retaining the same number. So they are very sensitive about this. Now the biggest challenge before them is how to retain the customers in the system.