Internet Explorer Exploit *beware*

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by ghostwheel • Apr 29, 2014.

1. ghostwheel

ghostwheelMember

Threads:
    This is on the news quite heavily just recently but for those who are not already aware - it's advised that you don't use Internet Explorer. Apparently, a zero day exploit bug has been found making it possible for hackers to gain access to your system.

This is particularly bad news for those who are also using windows XP as support has officially ended not long ago as well. It's best to upgrade XP (or use a Linux variant for free such as Ubunto) and just don't use IE until Microsoft as sorted out things as well. Good alternatives are Google Chrome or Firefox which can be downloaded for free :

Chrome :

Firefox :

2. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    That is scary.

But i do not think people have to stop using Internet Explorer. All they have to do is download the right programs to protect their computer. I have a Windows 8.1 computer, so this is not an issue for me/ Windows 8.1 has built in Spy/Malware support with Smart Glass. It Also has Windows defender/ Windows defender scans everything on your computer automatically.

I also use Sandboxie. That way i do not have to install files to my operating system. I instal them to the sandbox. That way i can delete all the files, and settings in 1 click. Rather than running a virus scan.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Another reason why I'm glad to gave up on Internet Explorer years ago!

I've been a FireFox man for a number of years and I've started looking longingly at Chrome and am tempted to start giving that a go.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Chrome is great deansaliba, but some of their extensions and plugins have had some malware issues so if you have to install extensions, you'll need to be very careful.

It's been long since I stopped using IE but the fact that XP users are being targeted, that worries me a little. I just hope that my firewall settings will prevent hackers from accessing my system and tampering with it or sniff out passwords.

5. Loyal

LoyalBanned

Threads:
    What's weird is most companies uses internet explorer as their web browser. I don't know. This is scary.

6. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    The funny thing is, I don't even use IE anymore so I guess I'm safe, but what's scary though is that big companies still use IE as their browser, which is kind of crazy considering how EI is outdated and is really not practical anymore. But anyways, thanks for the heads up, now, if only I can just uninstall IE permanently from my computer..

7. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I am surprised that people stikk use internet explorer. FOr me it is not a web browser worth my time. It is not up to scratch with the competition out there. I tend to use firefox. Google chrome is still a bit limited by google as they seem to not want to let you source information off youtube too easily so as it stands, firefox is at the top of the food chain.

8. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    If you're still using Internet Explorer I have no idea why. It's hilariously insecure and totally out of date. Anyone using IE should upgrade immediately to a modern browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome for the latest features as well as security and stability. If you really want security, then you would do something drastic like switch to a Linux variant.