Investing In A Bicycle

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by to7update • Oct 29, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I ride the bus on Oahu, but I've entertained the idea of getting a bike too. I wait for the bus and while waiting I noticed when bike riders want to ride the bus, they have to carry the bike up to the rack on the bus. It looks heavy to heave the bike to the bike rack on the bus, so I gave up the idea of getting a bike. Locally, you have to have a license to ride a bike. The City has built some bike ways on the road for bikers. There are some people who commute on bikes. When it's raining many ride the bus and bike. Being a Senior Citizen you got to be careful when wanting to ride a bike, it's not easy to lift, refill the tires when needed and you got to keep it safe when at home. I saw a bike rider where I live carrying up his bike up the stairs to his home. Well, as I said I gave up the idea of getting a bike, though it saves on buying gas. The City recently decided to raise bus pass prices to pay for rail, but it still needs the Mayor's signature to pass. Bus pass is currently $60, if the Mayor signs the new law it'll go up to $70!

2. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of interesting information there @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe. So you need a license to ride a bike? Also, if people have a bike why would they put it in the bus?

Yeah, having a place to keep the bike is important obviously.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update :)Locally you got to have a bike license. I don't know that much about today's license but when I was growing up we had to get a bike license and we got tiny plates. I haven't had a bike lately, so I can't say much about today. I don't know why people ride bikes and ride the bus too, but I watch them put it on the bike racks in front of the bus and realized you got to be able to carry it up there to the rack, which is not easy if you're a Senior Citizen. More information here:

#43Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
  4. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update I like bikes. I have one and I enjoy riding in my hood. Whenever I am making errands, I use my bike. It is convenient and always ensures that I am never late. When I used to school in college, I would go with my bike. It not only saved me money but also time. I would always reach on time since I did not have to wait for the bus. I also had lots of fun, especially in the evening. There is a special thing about bikes. I think they make one have a sense of sophistication.

#44Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
  5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I would also check out Amazon for buying a bike and they deliver it right to your house as well. They have all kinds of bikes and some offer free shipping,which is nice and they include folding bikes,beach cruisers, comfort bikes,and electric bikes as well. I used to have a pretty good mountain bike-but these days I really like the simplicity of a beach cruiser,and having a big basket on the front is important as well-to put my backpack in,so it does not hurt my back.