investment in Facebook ?

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by thc101mc • Sep 9, 2012.

1. thc101mc

thc101mcNew Member

Threads:
    What do you think its good offer to invest in Facebook now ? People said its not good but i want to see more reply. I Watch on TV they said that many advertisers stop advertising their products in Facebook because Facebook have a lot of fake profiles, is this true or is it another lie to not invest in Facebook ?

2. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I know a ton of people who have a profile for their dog, their unborn baby, or for a fictional character they made up! But there are still a ton of real profiles: in the millions.

That being said, I would never ever ever invest in facebook. Why? I'm a facebook user and I avoid the ads. In fact, I hardly notice them and don't base any purchasing decisions on facebook ads at all. I also find their match the ad to the profile system really off base!! Often what they are trying to sell me on, I don't care about at all.

3. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    Facebook is the worst investment you could do. Better give the money away to some random stranger on the street, cause it's the same thing. First of all, Facebook hasn't got as steady, fixed amount of cashflow. You cannot predict just how many people will purchase your ads. Second of all, the risks are huge: you never know when some other company will offer much better advertising at lower prices. Third of all: Have you ever clicked an ad on Facebook? Neither me.

4. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think that Facebook is a bad investment per se. But you need to let the stock stabilize before you decide to invest. As many people found out, the IPO or initial public offering went down in value significantly in the first few hours of trading...this is because there were tons of people selling off their stock grants during this time. Wait a year or two before you decide to buy stock in this company to see if the price will come back up some as you don't want to buy it while it's still on a downward trend. This will help protect your investment and though the gains will be less, you stand less of a chance of losing money.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't think it's a bad investment. It depends on when you bought the stock. I would consider buying Facebook stock if the price drops below $10. Those people who bought the stock at $30+ are screwed. I doubt that it will ever reach that price again.

6. sotally

sotallyNew Member

Threads:
    FB is revamping their entire marketing strategy, but that's not to say they're moving forward, they're actually starting to use strategies that have been around for years. I don't think their stock will drop down to the $10 range, but I also don't expect it to go back up to $30 until they figure out how to properly monetize their clientele. In the meantime, I'd say buy it on swings; but if you don't have any experience (or enjoy the risk of) timing the market or can't afford to lose 20% of your investment... stay away.