Invisalign

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Rosyrain • Jun 6, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I recently got an Invisalign retainer that I have to wear for 2 weeks after the bracket that holds my 2 front teeth together broke. This opened up a gap between my top front teeth and so I decided to spend the money and get it corrected. Invisalign is nice and you really can't tell someone is wearing one unless you are up close, so it is perfect for adults!

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I've been hearing about different types of invisible braces for many years now. My issue is a gap in my front teeth. If you don't mind sharing, about how much did getting these come to?

3. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    I finished a two year course of Invisalign in the UK in February this year. The whole process really was life changing, and whereas they were a little more expensive than conventional braces, the fact they were invisible, the ease of use, it made it all worthwhile.
    My teeth will never be 100% perfect, they're still a little crooked, but the vast improvements I saw over the two years was enough for me to say to my orthodontist I didn't want to carry on as I'm so happy with what I see now.
    I would recommend them to anybody, even just a consultation to see if they could help as obviously its a case by case basis, but for me it worked wonders.

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    My husband wants to get Invisalign to fix his teeth, but we haven't been able to afford it. My son is in braces now and I've been told the retainer he'll have to wear for a few months after they take off the braces will be much like Invisilign.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I had a gap in between my front teeth up until I was a teen and ended up getting the regular metal braces that just about everyone wears at some point in their life. This was about 20 years ago, and when they were removed, the orthodontist cemented a metal bracket behind my 2 front teeth to keep them together. The bracket finally broke and I had to go with the Invisalign for 2 weeks. Since adult ortho is not covered in my insurance, I had to pay $700 for the mouth piece, but my orthodontist worked out payments with me that I could afford. Now I have another metal bracket cemented to my 2 front teeth in the back and my smile is as good as new!