Invite Friends Over Instead Of Blowing Out Your Hard Earned Salary Going Out

Discussion in Misc & Others started by davos • May 13, 2016.

1. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Living in places like Japan, where homemade food is a tasty bargain, could end up being very cheap as long as you don't spend much money going out. And well, in general, it is always cheaper to stay in with friends and come up with your own entertainment: Host a fun pitch-in dinner with your friends. Play cards, sit around a fire pit, or watch movies with your guests (Netflix and chill ;)). You’ll all save money – and have a blast.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This certainly is an easy way to save money. When you go out with friends there's always a high likelihood that you'll spend more money than you planned and even if you don't have it with you, you could borrow the money friends which doesn't make that huge a difference because you'll have to repay that money anyway.

When you are home however and everyone and they bring their drinks, it will save you quite a lot of money by the end of the year and you'll have more fun.

3. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, pretty much that. Consumism urges are very strong to cope with. So all people willing to hit the streets in order to have fun should be aware that are going to spend more money than they really thought at first. It can't be helped,is capitalism, a lot of businesses competing each other and offering a wide variety of stuff, therefore is diffcult to pick just one.

4. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, this could be a good way of saving on costs. However, many persons will want to have the added thrill of going out sometimes even moving to different locations, therefore, they would not mind the cost for the added fun. There is something about going out that is really attractive to many persons and that is why even though some people are able to watch movies at home they still go to the theater sometimes.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    When I want to entertain at home I buy cheap food and just say we are having international cuisine! I buy lentils and spice them up with some curry and add frozen peas to them. I put them on top of rice and serve them with some warm garlic naan that I make at home. I ask my friends to bring their own favorite drinks or I make some peach juice with sparking champagne to spruce things up. We all have a good time and I spend under $10 to feed us all!

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, my friends and I do that as well, sometimes they just hang out at my house and we eat there. Eating out is quite expensive, so it really is advisable to just try to entertain yourselves or your friends at home.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We used to do that since eating out especially when you are the one treating for the occasion, the restaurant bill becomes prohibitive. It is always the home that is the venue for gatherings on any occasion. However, we have change our style in the past several years for 2 reasons. First is the perennial heavy traffic in our main road so it is a big burden for the guests to experience that. Second reason is our dogs who are used to have peace and quiet so when there is an occasion, house guests would give them reason to be stressed. They are not people dogs, I'd say. So now we have to scrimp and save for the blow out. Fortunately my credit card often has a promo on selected restaurants. With the 50% discount, not a bad idea to treat the would-be house guests to a fine dining restaurant.

8. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to do this because I've got food allergies, which can really limit my choices if I go out to eat and can increase the bill quite a bit too. I also know exactly what goes into food if I provide it myself and cook it from scratch. I find that often it can taste great too and can be a way that everyone can have what they want still without it having to cost a fortune. Sometimes others may bring bits and pieces along too which can help split the bill more evenly for this freshly prepared food at home!