iOS Apps vs Android Apps

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Dec 1, 2012.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    iTunes and Google Play are packed with awesome apps. However, what app store do you think has the upper hand when it comes to quality apps available for download? I'm an Android user so I'd go with Google Play. However, most people say that iTunes is still number 1 when it comes to producing high-quality applications. What do you think?

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I'm with you, I also like the Play Store better. It has a lot of apps (and lots that are good AND that are free) and it also has a great design and categorization, which makes it easier to find an app you're looking for.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I only had an iPhone for TWO DAYS but I found it to have a better range of apps than Andriod, although I think Andriod had the upper hand in free apps, most of the decent ones on iTunes cost money.

4. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Google play for me

I'm all for android free apps as opposed to ios apps. I have to agree that most decent ios apps you need to purchase but the sheer volume of free android apps will definitely sway anyone's mind. There are just so many good quality free android apps that can be used in its free state or you can upgrade it for a minimal fee. There are also a wide variety of gadgets that I can sync together due to the fact that they are android devices.

5. zuluguy

zuluguyNew Member

Threads:
    Personally I prefer Google play, they have more apps simply because it is easier to become an android developer. the app store is a lot more strict with their applications. I still prefer google play because when making android applications you have a bigger customer base, and also it is not limited in what can be done compared to Iphone that have very strict rules and restricting things in place that don't allow you to access low level processes which doesn't apply with android phones.

6. kidensika

kidensikaNew Member

Threads:
    Google Play wins for me because i can get a lot of good apps for free.If i had an iphone and i wanted to get apps without spending a lot of money i would consider getting it jailbreaked if thats the right word for it. I think that is also the reason why android is gaining a lot of ground in the market because it is much easier to get good apps for free.

7. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I like android better. I downloaded a lot of stuffs. So far I don't have any complaint as of now. I'm having fun with all the apps I been using.

8. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    Anyone that has owned both devices know Apple has much better apps. Although there are apps that are on the iPhone that is not on Android devices, but it is vice versa as well. Myself I prefer using Apple devices because they run smoother and have a greater variety of applications than Android.

9. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly have no experience when it comes to android phones. I've been using iPhone all my life. My first phone was back in high school i think and it's an iPhone and yes, until now i've been upgrading my phone but still an apple phones. Anyways, this may sound bias but i think appstore is better then google play. :p

10. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have always had android phone hence even I too believe that Google play is better. Also I always prefer to use free apps and Google play is best suitable for me. I totally love those apps.

11. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I both use iOS and Android since I have an Apple tablet and a Samsung smartphone and I think I'm going to side with Android on this one. I'm not taking away anything from the iOS because it really is the best operating system in my opinion when it comes to smartphones and tablets. But you gotta have to hand it to Android for having such a diverse collection of applications that we as users, can utilize in many different ways. In addition, what makes Android applications better is that you can tweak something or use a third party application to make them better unlike with Apple apps.