iPhone 5

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by SarahLizzie • Jul 2, 2012.

1. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone seen any of the information about the iPhone 5? It is rumored that Apple will be releasing it in the fall of 2012. I do not know how true this, but I did find it through multiple sources.

I am excited for its release. Though I am sure I will not be able to afford it for a good while after the release, I am eager to own one. From what I saw on YouTube, the newest iPhone will be able to produce holograms.

I have been using an iPhone 3GS for the last 2 1/2 years, and I love it. Lately, I have been tempted to purchase the iPhone 4, but then I saw the information regarding the iPhone 5. It seems to be extremely advanced to be a cellular phone, making me want it even more.

What are your thoughts on what Apple is not doing with the iPhone?

2. izzypopa

izzypopaNew Member

Threads:
    It will most likely sport a 4G capable connection and a bigger and better looking screen, some better camera optics and faster processing, but apart from that i don't really see what else they can do apart from image projection and some other cool tricks but thats about it, i am still excited though lol

3. ravi

raviNew Member

Threads:
    The hologram one is fake. I read that Apple purchased liquid metal for the case. 4g and bigger screen size is defiantly going to be their, since the market desires that and in my opinion thats the main features the iPhone lags at. But Apple is so unexpected, we could get a crappy update or something amazing. For more reference;

4. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    Confirmed that the hologram one is fake. I think it's far more likely that the iPhone 5 will be more of a crappy update than an amazing leap in technology. In terms of shape/design, computing power, and usage flexibility, I think the iPhone is (and the iPhone 5 will still be) far behind its Android counterparts (such as the Galaxy SIII).

One of the most noticeable differences between the current iPhone and the iPhone 5 will be the change of the connector from a 30 pin to a 19 pin, rendering past accessories obsolete without an adapter (source:

). In my opinion, a way to squeeze maximum profits from consumers with minimum innovation. I think I'll pass on this one.

5. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I agree with Alaska7, the new one will most probably be just an update with a few other things added but probably not something crazy - definitely no holograms. I have seen along with the new iPhone5 ads some talk about an iPhone watch. Its pretty much the calendar with a home page and a clock on your wrist that syncs up to your iPhone through iCloud