iPhone 6 price?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Eagle910 • Apr 10, 2014.

1. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    Do you think the iPhone 6 will be offered at a fair price?

Apple is notorious in the retail community for over pricing their products. They do it every year. Do you think the iPhone 6 will be any different?

I don't. I think Apple ill continue you this trend. Why wouldn't they? If people are dumb enough to buy them. They might as take the money. I cannot blame them for the.

However. I will not be buying an iPhone this year, I will stay with Androids.

2. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    I will not be buying one.

For all the reason you just stated. Apple is always going to over price their products. that is what they do. That is their business model. For that reason i refuse to do business with them. There are better options on the market.

Androids are definitely good enough for me. They offer the same functionality for half the price. They are not as pretty, as iPhones, but hey are close enough.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    The price will still be excessive, no doubt.

It might not be AS expensive. Maybe they'll back off on the price as they see that they're not keeping as much of the market share as they once did.

They're not going to lower it by much, though.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Apple offering a fair price for the next iPhone, let alone any of their product is like the Second Coming of Jesus (no offense to Christians), it's not going to be anytime soon but if it does come, it would be a glorious day. If people are still buying their overpriced phones, they will continue to sell them at a relatively high price, people are just too dumb or too rich to realize that they're being overcharged. But then again, if you can afford them, then there's no issue there right?

5. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Do not expect anything from Apple to be at a fair price. I do not know why their products are always expensive. They normally sell to you the product brand not the product worth itself. That is why even second hand Apple products will cost much more other new products from different brands. All in all for the price of iPhone 6 we just have to wait for it and see how far they will go.

6. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure if I will be buying the next iPhone. I currently have a 5 and will likely be up by the time the next one is out. I just read a rumor that the price will go up about $100. I would have to start saving if I planned to buy one, but my current iPhone does do everything that I need it to. I wouldn't be surprised about a price increase.

7. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I am a hundred percent sure that the iphone six will be over priced. If they did have a price drop then i think that it will confuse consumers and they will perhaps think that the new product is not up to scratch hence the price reduction. I would say that i have never really been impressed with iphone for the price they demand. I think that is one of the reasons that a lot of other smartphones were able to come into the market. They were able to bring a good product and make it reasonably affordable.

8. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I know that apple always overprices its products but I think they are well worth it. I dont think there are any other phones, laptops, computers, etc that have the same quality and performance as apple products.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't believe they're already coming out with the 6. I just got my 5 in February. Didn't the 5 come out just last year? Like you said they'll probably have it for an expensive price. Their phones are overpriced but well worth it. My Android was a piece of crap and even though I partly blame the model, I can't imagine Androids making as good of phones. They are better with tablets.

However I don't think I'll be getting the 6 since I just got the 5. I'd have to have enough in Amazon gift cards or a cheap upgrade but it's always a hassle transferring your data.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my opinion it is outrageous how they increase prices without any reasoning behind it...
    Iphones have always been too expensive in my opinion. Is it because of the great camera, because it has great new functions or it's revolutionary? Of course not, it's for status only. Whatever price they put people are going to buy because it's an Iphone. I hate how Apple made themselves become this elitist brand where they can price their products however much they want and people will buy the newest model regardless just to show "they can afford it".

11. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I don't know if I'd ever buy an Apple computer but like I said I buy the phone for the apps and the fact that Idevices are familiar to me which makes it easier to use. I just generally prefer it overall. However, I'm sure a lot of people buy the newest model for the status.

12. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I can see what you mean. That being said, I am VERY glad that I purchase a Mac Air 3 years ago. I haven't had any issues at all, which to me is so worth the cost. Any time I've purchase a PC, I've had issues within a year.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I read a rumor that they may increase their standard release price by $100, which I think is still okay, as long as they are able to prove the price addition to be worth it. In my opinion, even if they price their products high, they usually still do so in their own standard of what's fair, and if their next product somehow warrants a price increase, then their fans would most likely understand it. They may just be doing so just to push the new phone more as a luxury item anyway, since most people who want an iPhone already have one, and those who don't can still just buy the 5s even when the 6 is out since that presumably still would be well over current standards.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course they would overprice the iPhone 6, if they don't then they would lose their large profit from hardcore Apple fans. People do get suckered under their "spell", you know. I actually see Apple as the Louis Vuitton of the tech world. That's why if I'm gonna buy an Apple product, then it's gonna be 2nd hand.