Iphone 6s or maybe Iphone 7

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by rares209 • Jan 13, 2015.

1. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    I was thinking of changing my phone this year. I am an Android user for a long time, but lately my interest in phone customization faded and right now I use my phone only for apps and maybe a few games. I also try to keep my phone OS as simple as possible which is the exact iOS principle. I'm not impressed by the latest Iphone because I think that it is not a great improvement over Iphone 5s, so I will wait for Apple's new realease this fall. What do you think, will Apple launch a brand new Iphone or they will stick to their model and launch just the Iphone 6s?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If anything, you'll see an iPhone 6S and 6S Plus rather than an iPhone 7 coming out at the end of 2015. It's not going to be a major improvement over the Six, though. Apple is known for making incremental improvements, but the fact is that the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are big steps above the 5S in many ways, especially screen real estate, obviously. I'd make the switch right now if I were you and could get onto a lease deal so that you could upgrade whenever you wanted without paying an ETF.

3. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    They will probably launch an upgraded 6. I'm on the other side, I switched to an S4 after being a long time iphone user. I'm still a little tied to the iOS but holy cheese balls, android is amazing. I don't think I will be coming back to iOS anytime soon. But yea, if you have the budget, the new iphones look pretty decent but remember they get drained fast when a new iOS comes out and you have an older model.

4. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I fall into a similar category as you, as I only use my phone from a few apps, and a few games. Currently, I have the old Iphone 4, (which still works great). So if you're looking for a deal, perhaps look into the old Iphones.

5. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I would just go with the latest currently out to be honest. Don't wait for a new version because Apple usually just release small upgraded versions after a year or so. Don't get caught up in that trend and just go with the current version.

6. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure if when they'll create a new iPhone, but as day follows night it's the way they work. Maybe both an iPhone 6S and an iPhone 7. I've been an Android user since getting annoyed with my iPhone 4. I can't see myself going back now to be honest.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not too excited about their newer models either. I prefer the design for the 5s a lot more as I see it as being much more appealing and unique. I doubt they will release a new model anytime soon though since the 6 and 6+ are fairly new themselves. I personally would just go for the older one but probably only once the price drops because they're still expensive as of now.

8. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    Thank you for your opinions guys. I think I've come to a decision. I will keep my Nexus 5 for the moment and I will probably root it for better performance. I think you are right, Apple will stick to their pattern and probably 2016 will bring us a new iPhone. The reason why I'm not buying the Iphone 6 it's because I think it is the ugliest Iphone ever made and because it's not a dramatic improvement over it's predecessor. I really hope Apple will launch a brand new Iphone this year, but I doubt it. Even if they want, they still won't have enough time.