Iphone Charger Only On $3 Price. Should I Buy?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Orion Hopper • May 12, 2016.

1. Orion Hopper

Orion HopperNew Member

Threads:
    I found a store named as Mobansp where "IPhone 5/6 Charger Orange" price showing $3. As price seems so cheap so should I buy it or not?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it sounds too good to be true . . .

Have you bought anything from this store? If you have bought anything from the store and were satisfied that the products you got were legit then go ahead and buy the charger but if you haven't then I'd strongly advice against making the purchase.

3. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    As Denis Hard said. Is that store legit? That could be a scammy offer for a dubious chinese imitation that will break after little use. Be careful with those. Ask if that charger is second hand or anything.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If you rust the store and you know you're going to receive it then that's at least one worry you can cross off your list. However, I'd just share my experience which is that I paid for a cheap charger and it turned out not being compatible with my Apple device in that it wasn't charging at all. Good thing I had a return policy with where I shopped from, so it guess that's the best I would advise if you still choose to buy it which is to make sure you can return it if it turns out to be incompatible or faulty or at worst you can just gamble it away since it's just $3 but I think even with that small amount it's still not a good feeling to get stuck with what essentially can be just paperweight.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When my Samsung SIII was acting up - it couldn't charge the battery anymore - I bought this cheap charger in the flea market costing a bit more than $3. Expected with the cheap price, it is made in China (pardon me if you are Chinese). The charger is okay, it is charging the battery. However, the maximum charge it can give the battery is only 80%. When I returned to the vendor, he said that there is no quality assurance. Some chargers can charge to a higher percentage, up to 90% but not 100%.

6. Sealpikachu

SealpikachuMember

Threads:
    In spanish we have a saying that goes "lo barato sale caro" and it basically translates to cheap stuff comes with a high price. How trustworthy is this charger place? Iphones are not cheap and, if the charger is bad, it could fry your phone. It might sound lik a good offer but I honestly don't think you should risk it.

7. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm... Have you checked about the reputation of the store? You can usually find reviews online and discern whether a store is worth buying from. Honestly, I try to stay away from "Too good to be true" spills simply because they aren't worth it. Yes, you're paying less but that doesn't always mean they're of good quality especially for gadgets and accessories. Something as picky as Apple, I really wouldn't risk it.

Personally, I have tried cheap and knock off chargers for my iPhone. The verdict? They will work for the first few months (weeks if you're unlucky) and after a while they will start saying that the charger is incompatible with the device. And that's when you will realise that you have wasted your money and you should have bought an original charger instead.

Now, I'm not saying all cheap items are bad or not worth buying. But when it comes to your gadgets' accessories, I just won't risk it. You won't like damaging your gadget or spending money on something that would just give up on you easily.

I hope this helps!

8. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have used cheap chargers in the past and they work, but only up to a point. Then they usually break. I totally like buying cheap chargers, but I don't trust them. I don't go to bed with one plugged in because I am worried that my house will burn down in the middle of the night. Just buy it and if it doesn't work toss it.

9. sharatharadhya

sharatharadhyaMember

Threads:
    You can buy the charger if the charger is certified by Apple as compatible. I strongly recommend using first party Apple accessories to protect the life of your device. If you are not sure there have been a lot of problems including deaths for the use of third party Chargers also including an iPhone catching fire. So, Be careful with what you choose. You can instead use products by Amazon Basics. They are considerably cheap and are certified by Apple to work without any issues. Good Luck.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you should just shell out money and buy the original charger even if it will cost you more money, because you are not guaranteed that the replacement charger would work well or be compatible with your phone. I have heard of fake chargers being responsible for setting fires too, so be cautious.

11. doubleux

doubleuxNew Member

Threads:
    Cheap chargers are the bane of my existence! They are very convenient as far as location and price. You can find them at the gas station, dollar store, online, etc. And you can get them at low prices such as the price you found for $3. But you will never find them at the true quality you need them. I have gone through 3-4 chargers in the last few months.Its ultimately not worth it unless its an emergency. Now that I have the real Apple Iphone charger, my phone is in much better condition and charges better.