IPhone Or Android?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Eagle910 • Mar 1, 2014.

1. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    Which device is better?

I love my Android Phone, but lately i have been wondering what the iPhone has to offer. The iPhone is so popular that it made "Apple" the wealthiest company in the world. That makes me feel as though I am missing out on something special. I have never actually owned an iPhone, and I don't know much about it's features.

I have fulfilled my Verizon contract, and it is time for me to upgrade my phone. I was hoping that you guys could give me little insight on the iPhones features, and give your opinion on how it compares to an Android.

Which device should I purchase next?

2. brian101

brian101New Member

Threads:
    I've always been an android user and recently have bought a second hand iphone 4s from ebay and from the little time of me using this phone I have to say there is a little bit of a difference between the two phones though I can't tell you too much as I haven't been using this phone for long. The iphone seems to run quite a bit smoother than the android I have (I have a samsung galaxy s3) and you can navigate seemlessly from app to app and any app you download seems to work in harmony with the phone instead of slowing the phone down. It's a good phone and works well but I'm quite loyal to android and there doesn't seem to be many restrictions unlike the iphone (think iphone to iphone only bluetooth) and the android doesn't need all your details to download an app like the iphone does.

3. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I have used the second iPhone and moved on the Android after that. I will never buy an iPhone again. I even think people who spend that amount on a phone with those specifications are plain stupid. You can buy 3-4 Moto G's for that price.

4. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    You honestly won't notice the difference between the actual physical models all that much, especially since Android has such a large range. That said you really just need to decide whether iOS or Android appeals more, because that's the only real difference.

5. 29525500

29525500Member

Threads:
    Ok, so the largest difference between the two is customization. An Android device can be remade to your preferences in almost any way. Sometimes this is done through apps, other times it is done through a ROM. This can lead to some problems though. This means that an Android device can also be much buggier and will require some tinkering. In contrast to this an Apple product is mad in such a way that it can not really be altered or changed that much but in return is much lower maintenance. This means that choosing between the two is more a question about you, the user. Do you want something that you can change and tinker with but will require some research and effort or do you want a low maintenance device that will only do what it was designed for.

6. Brad

BradMember

Threads:
    I honestly prefer an Android phone over an Iphone. I think for the price you would pay for something like an Iphone 5s then it would be better to spend it on a phone which is capable of doing the same thing for a cheaper price and I feel Android phones offer the same for a cheaper price.

7. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    It's about personal preference.
    I've always used android but I don't really enjoy it that much either... waiting for sailfish to be released on a cheaper phone and then I might give that one a try.

8. tony

tonyNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer to use Android because it can be unlocked and i can use varieties of unlimited app mostly free unlike iphone that is limited.

9. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely Android:D
    I used iPhone 4 a long time ago, I accidentally drop it from the third floor of my place and nothing could be done for it. On the other hand, the Xperia Ray that faced the same cruel experience, is functional even today, having just few scratches on the screen. From this point of view, I would choose another Android-based gadget. Naturally, there are so many criteria that could tilt the balance towards one of them, in the end it`s up to you;)

10. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    Speaking as a developer for both systems, I can honestly say that android is better (by a land slide). If you're only using the phone for texts/calls/facebook, you won't notice much difference between the two at all, so why pay more for the Iphone, with no difference. Now when you delve into downloading apps you will find that Apple's app store has much less content than what's available for Android as well as requiring much more of your details to download anything. The entire world prefers to use android, however in America, especially California and similar place, the Iphone is in abundance. Why? because it's fashionable... because Jane Doe's friend has an Iphone so she'll get one too. iOS is much less capable than even lesser versions of Android and the hardware isn't as good as top notch hones that run Android for the same price, if not cheaper. You literally have to be a brainwashed fool to buy an Iphone.

11. Guru

GuruMember

Threads:
    Both are good and I have experience with both platforms. Both are good depending on your needs. Android allows for more customization, but iPhone is simpler and may be suites to those not too familiar with technology. I prefer the iPhone because of the quality of the app store and its slick operating system.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think overall iPhones are still a lot better in terms of performance and the smoothness of transitions. However, I've personally never been a fan of the design of the iPhone which is why I never bought it. I like Nokia designs a whole lot more above all others, which is unfortunate because it only runs Windows that obviously lacks a lot in terms of app options. The good news is that I think they will be releasing an Android phone soon, if I'm not mistaken, so I'd personally just advise to wait for that since Nokia's phones are very sturdy and I trust them to make something great in terms of working with the Android platform.

13. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Android phones leave iPhones in the dust. I'm sorry, but it's the truth. Android phones are powerful, durable, offer great performance, has the most and best apps and while for the experienced phone users, allow you to customize your device. iPhones are for phone users that prefer a little more simplicity. You get some good performance with this phone too, but iTunes is no where near Google Play and the iPhone itself is just fragile. I can't recall how many people I've seen drop their iPhone and crack the glass screen. I want a phone screen more durable than that and a wider one to enjoy all the multimedia as well.

14. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    As always with Apple vs anything it comes down to how maintenance inclined you are in nature - if you don't mind tinkering then Android wins by everything. If however you want your phone to work and you never intend to change anything about it - then go ahead and get a iPhone. As Jobs was fond of saying Apple products are made following the idea that people aren't very bright and therefore they are build to run smoothly and be very pretty. Android like Windows follows the idea that even if you are kind of retarded you can probably be taught and therefore they just kind of throw a rather customizable thing at you with no real handrails... and it is awesome.

TL;DR - If you like paying more for less freedom of usage get an Apple. If you like paying less for the same ability, and don't care about bragging rights then get an Android.