iPhone

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Adeal4u • May 13, 2012.

1. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I was wondering if the thrift store or Goodwill sells the iPhone? My friend just got one and he said he bought it from a thrift store, but I don't believe him. Has anyone else seen newer electronics at the thrift store?

2. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I highly doubt that Goodwill would have a used iPhone for sale since you have to hook it up with your phone provider and number and what not. I think your friend may have misled you. Typically, I don't see electronics aside from appliances being sold at Goodwill, let alone something like an iPhone.

3. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I don't see them doing that either. If they did, I would imagine it'd be a very basic model. And I don't think I'd want to buy one there if they did.

4. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    ^What this guy said. It's probably an old model. Also, you don't necessarily have to hook it up with a provider and a number. You can get iPhones contract free and SIM-unlocked. It might be one of those models. Also, has he actually shown it to you? It just might be a knockoff XD

5. Ainjell

AinjellMember

Threads:
    Hey Adeal4u,

I've seen many electronics at the thrift stores here. They sell anything from DVD players to camcorders and cell phones. I've even seen some sell televisions and stereos as well. I have seen them sell iPhones but it certainly won't be an iPhone4 or anything later. It will definitely be an older model. You could buy it and connect it with an AT&T prepaid account, it's not impossible, but I'm not certain if AT&T will be willing to provide you with their service if you didn't buy the phone from them directly.

If you're looking for an iPhone you can check Craigslist.org but be sure you do your research because there are a lot of scams out there. Sometimes you can be lucky enough to come across a good deal. Your best bet would be to try Ebay.com if you are skeptical about Craigslist or you can try Amazon.

6. GGGuardian

GGGuardianMember

Threads:
    Atleast down in Florida i have never seen such a pricey electronic at a thrift store. I mostly come across clothing and other small items such as that but nothing comes close to a iPhone. I hope someday i can come across a iPhone 4s so I can upgrade my stupid blackberry and save some cash.

7. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I tried on Craigslist before and they try to cheat you. I didn't think they sold iPhone at the thrift store. I guess my friend was right, I want to find one and sell it on eBay. I'm sure I can find a phone that's in good enough condition. I can try to make double of what I paid for the phone. I don't know if it will work or not, but it's worth a shot.