Irritated with Kroger Staff - Will Never Shop There Again

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by SEA81 • May 12, 2012.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't shopped at Kroger that often, but I have never had a problem there. Other people on here have had reported difficulties with the store and the management. I think alot has to do with the particular staff of the store in question. Kroger should have a generic policy of dealing with such incidents though. I think things like the "cart incident" probably happen often enough.

2. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    It doesn't sound like a problem with the company, because I've shopped at dozens of different Kroger's and have never had any of those issues. It sounds as though it's a mix of the employees AND you acting like you're all entitled to do things the way that you want and only the way you want.

The check thing is what really got to me. After working as a cashier for a number of years, I know that a lot of places will not take a check unless they have government issued I.D. from that person to get their DLN. If you didn't have it, there was nothing that cashier could do and you shouldn't have fought them.

Also, when they are stocking shelves they normally have huge carts. Instead of asking them to move, you should ask them to hand you the item you need from behind the carts. It's normally goes a lot smoother. They have enough issues getting those carts down the aisles.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I believe some stores are simply poor at training and managing their employees. Sometimes it's only a particular location, but in other cases, such as with the Topp's grocery stores in our area, I was running into the same problems at all of their locations, such as ridiculously long checkout times and incredibly slow cashiers. I've left entire buggies full of stuff at the register line and walked out of the store because they were taking so long. I'm sorry, but it should not take 30 minutes or more to get rung up and on your way - especially when there is only like two people ahead of you.