Is Alkaline Water A Scam?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Alexandoy • Nov 29, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are water stores here that sell only alkaline water which costs 4 times than ordinary water. I have asked a nutritionist about alkaline water and she said that there is no proof to the claims that alkaline water is a healthy drink. Further, she said that the best drink is plain water and distilled or purified is also okay. But with alkaline water? She is not advising it because of the cost.

Do you believe in alkaline water?

2. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard about alkaline water, perhaps, because alkaline water is not sold in our country. However, we have mineral water and the manufacturers claim that the mineral water contains minerals, added or naturally available in water, in the mineral water.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of Alkaline Water per se, but I have heard a lot, particularly lately, about alkaline versus acid diets. I personally have health issues that are exacerbated by acid, and I sometimes mix baking soda in with water and drink it. Doing so helps to neutralize the acid in my system, so that I feel better and have less inflammation, but I'm not sure drinking alkaline water on a regular basis would be a good idea. Based on what you said about the cost, it does sound somewhat scammy, particularly since I can make my own baking soda and water mix at home for pennies, and it was recommended by a doctor.

4. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's best to just drink regular purified water. I don't believe in anything that has a claim with no proof attached to it. My family has been drinking normal water for years and I don't feel like we need any other type of water.

Mineral water is also very good for stomachs affected by spicy foods. Add some lemon to it and you're good to go.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not sure I ever heard of it, but I don;t know that there is a big difference in types of water. Did you do any research on this on your own? What were your results. I honestly have never seen it for sale, so I am not sure that I would buy it if I saw it though. It doesn't sounds the geatest.

6. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sure what is the effect of Alkaline water to humans but Aquaphonic farms that uses Alkaline water produces larger yield of vegetables and larger sized tilapias. Alkaline water does have some benifits. You will see the difference on your skin because it has anti-aging properties.

You can actually make Alkaline water at home with the ingredients you have at home: