Is anyone aware of a good place to purchase 'retro' games/console?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by JoanMcWench • Apr 11, 2014.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I was looking for somewhere I might be unaware of that sells these items. They're a tough find at this point. Primarily I purchase NES games/accesories but I also purchase N64-SNES-NDS-PS3. Currently, I frequent eBay and Listia. Other than that I have a tough time finding reasonable prices.

Any suggestions?

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Also try to check out Amazon and Craiglist. You could also check out these online shops:

I bet you're gonna find a good deal or two in one of these sites.

3. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with this.

However you should not expect to find them for cheap. Those systems are old. Which means it is rare to find them in working condition. You are going to have to pay a substantial price for one of them.

You can try thrift shops, and pawn shops, but i doubt you will find one there . Your only hope is Amazon, and Ebay. You are just going to have to pay what they are asking if you want it bad enough.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Goodwill has an online store and I see retro games on there. But Shop goodwill.com is an auction site, so there is bidding involved and it can get competitive.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    eBay is going to be your best friend for retro games and consoles. You can find dozens of the darn things there, and you can find some pretty great and reliable sellers. I'd also recommend Amazon, Craigslist, and local garage sales. You're bound to find some gems at a garage sale when it comes to retro gaming.

6. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope nope nope nope! Sorry, but just no, eBay is the worst option you can go for. Everyone is artificially inflating the prices there to the point where everything usually costs mroe than double of its actual worth. The best option would be to go to a local retro store, or look for their website online.

7. jamiew23

jamiew23Member

Threads:
    I know Aladar isn't a fan but I'd say eBay too, they have a massive range so you're sure to find what you're looking for and you can get the games whilst you're on there too. I'd say a local retro store would actually be quite expensive compared to ebay but hey that's just me.

8. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I say look local. We have tons of Facebook "garage sale" sites and of course, craigslist. You could either post a WANTED ad, or just keep your eyes peeled for a while. I do see them pop up from time to time... usually a mom who is going into her college son's room for the first time in months and cleaning house, hah.

9. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nah, local stores actually know their market and give fair prices. eBay is the sole reason why the games drove up from being a couple bucks to tens of dollars nowadays. Not even joking, the stuff you can get for $5 local will run you $20 or more on eBay.

10. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    There's a place out here that actually still rents movies, sells comics, books and carries those old consoles and games. Unfortunately they are only local. I bet you could find some old throwbacks on Ebay though. Have you checked online yet? It seemed I can find everything I want and more through Ebay and Amazon.

11. Matthew Malka

Matthew MalkaNew Member

Threads:
    Pretty much places like eBay and Amazon can offer an endless supply of bargain deals and with most sellers offering discounted shipping and free shipping, you don't even have to say no. Also its worth mentioning if you aren't into all that waiting , Gamestop will begin selling in all their stores however knowing them, the prices would be heavenly inflated.